Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you're sick do you still

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Send kids to the babysitter or daycare? If you called in to work. I mean.

*****Thanks for your replies, I guess I am the only one who was under the impression that moms don't get sick days. I guess if you have full time child care, you do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:04 PM
I've done that. I'm paying for it whether I am at home or at work. Then I can get some rest and get better faster.
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:06 PM
Yep. I like my job and I can't miss school for something like a cold so I have to be REALLY sick to call in. If I'm that sick and I have the option to do nothing but lay in bed, I'm taking it.
ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:07 PM

If you have to pay for it anyway, why not?  It will make your recovery easier and make your kids less likely to catch whatever you have.

MindPalace
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:07 PM

usually. i only stay home if i'm so sick i can't think, so they would be much better served in their normal situation than staying home, eating cereal, and watching tv while i wallow in bed.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:08 PM

No. My babysitter comes to my house, so if I was staying home there would be no reason for her to come over. I'm not going to pay if I dont have to. Now if I had to pay for it anyways, then yes I would.

PacMan80
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I'm a SAHM, but if I'm sick and the kids aren't, if it's their day for preschool off they go.  I don't want them at home with me if I feel bad.  I want to rest.

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:10 PM
I'm a SAHM so no daycare for me. If I were working heck yeah I'd send them! That way I can rest and recuperate properly.
smalltownteddy
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM
When I was working, I still sent them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM

I did.  It's easier to recover if I can stay at home and sleep.  I would get up and take her to daycare then go back home to sleep/relax...

RheaF
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish! I'm a SAHM, no daycare or sitter. If I'm sick I get up and take care of the kids. Then when DH gets home from work I rest.

If I had a daycare or sitter I totally would!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)