Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bill paying question??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

If your bill is due on the 1st, but have a grace period until the 15th, and you pay it on the 9th, will it be considered late on a credit report?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:20 PM

No, that's what the grace period is for.  You have until the 15th to pay it.  It would be late after the 15th and depending on the bill, not sure at what point it's late on a credit report.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:20 PM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:21 PM

I dont know for sure, but I think it might depend on what type of bill it is. If its an electric bill or something like that, I dont think it would. But if its some sort of loan, like a car or house or something it might.

smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:21 PM
This.

Quoting spunky946:

No, that's what the grace period is for.  You have until the 15th to pay it.  It would be late after the 15th and depending on the bill, not sure at what point it's late on a credit report.

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:22 PM
Usually they don't report to the credit agencies until it's 30 days late. You are late paying into your grace period but they are giving you time to pay before a late fee is assessed.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM

No...that is what the grace period is for... we just took advantage of that grace period for our mortgage. It is due on the 1st of every month. I paid the January bill on December 19th. It got lost in the mail. I called them and since we have great credit history ( I'm very anal about our finances), they noted the account that the payment was lost in the mail. It still hasn't cleared and I sent it almost a month ago. I sent them a new check and it just cleared yesterday- 3 days shy of the grace period deadline. I also stopped payment on the other check last night. Grr....$25 stop payment fees are annoying. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:24 PM

Okie doke!   Thanks :)

MindPalace
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:26 PM

most late bills don't affect your credit until they are 30+ days late.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)