Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

yes we left sdd out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 362 Replies
14 moms liked this

we went to a carnival last night, my sdd was looking forward to it but she refused to do anything she was supposed to do. she didnt do her homework, she didnt pick up her room, and she wouldnt help pick up toys, so we called my mom to watch sdd and we went to the carnival. apparently sdds mom caled last night as well and is now pissed at us for leaving sdd out of a fun family activity......well i would do the same thing with my ds who is also in school so its not like i did it because i dont like sdd, shes gotta learn that just because we're going to do something fun doesnt mean responsibilities stop. her mom refuses to teach that and thats on her

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM
15 moms liked this

So how about her father be the parent and make sure she follows the rules instead of breaking them, not wait and then take away a big thing, then dump her off on your mother. 

One more example of why "blended" families are a huge disaster full of petty behavior by jealous adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:41 PM
25 moms liked this

we did try to get her to do what shes supposed to she just refused, we have her 2 hours to do everything, we would remind her to do it or she wouldnt be going with us she would do it for a minute and then do something else so she got disciplined for it.

thats what parents do

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So how about her father be the parent and make sure the follow the rules as she is breaking them, not wait and then take away a big thing, then dump her off on your mother. 

One more example of why "blended" families are a huge disaster full of petty behavior by jealous adults.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm hoping SD straightens up before we have to do the same type of thing with her.

She has been not obeying or following rules. She isn't being rebellious or anything like that. She just doesn't care enough to listen and follow instructions. She's 8, so she is more than old enough to know that when she is told to get her coat, boots and backpack on to go to the bus, it means to get her stuff on... not decide to sit down start cleaning her glasses for the next 5 minutes instead.
DH told her that if she doesn't straighten up her behaviour, then she wont be allowed to do extra curriculars or be involved in family outings (sledding/bowling/etc) until she does.

Being a parent sucks sometimes.
Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM
4 moms liked this
Bm should support he kid learning actions and consequences. Especially if you told the kid that if this doesn't get done then no carnival.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM

she should but she doesnt believe in punishing sdd for some reason

Quoting Amiehart62: Bm should support he kid learning actions and consequences. Especially if you told the kid that if this doesn't get done then no carnival.

-OriginalPoster
by -NotOP on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:44 PM
I agree. I would do the same thing with my dds. Not now as they are littles but soon enough.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

we did try to get her to do what shes supposed to she just refused, we have her 2 hours to do everything, we would remind her to do it or she wouldnt be going with us she would do it for a minute and then do something else so she got disciplined for it.

thats what parents do

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So how about her father be the parent and make sure the follow the rules as she is breaking them, not wait and then take away a big thing, then dump her off on your mother. 

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Well that will bite her in the butt one day. We have twins and a younger son and if we have something planned and one of the twins doesn't finish his chores he doesn't partake in the fun. (They're 5)

It's work then play in our family.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Amiehart62: Bm should support he kid learning actions and consequences. Especially if you told the kid that if this doesn't get done then no carnival.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Most people in mc doesn't know what parenting is
Most are scared their kids won't like them smh
I agree with what y'all did.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

thats what parents do

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:49 PM

yeah sdd is 5 and my ds is 4, (i also have a almost 1 year old but shes to little) both sdd and my ds would get this punishment if they dont do what they are supposed to

Quoting Amiehart62: Well that will bite her in the butt one day. We have twins and a younger son and if we have something planned and one of the twins doesn't finish his chores he doesn't partake in the fun. (They're 5) It's work then play in our family.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)