Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone else go to Disneyland during the Measles outbreak?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My family and I did. We are all vaxxed though so no worries here =) 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:34 PM

Bueller.....

maecntpntz219
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

A lot of those who came down with measles were vaxed. And no we didn't, but I know a few who did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM
I heard that half the people that got it were vaxed. I wonder if there's a booster shot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:37 PM

Hmmm I thought the majority who came down with it in this instance were not immunized. 

Quoting maecntpntz219:

A lot of those who came down with measles were vaxed. And no we didn't, but I know a few who did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM

It's weird.

We had a measles outbreak here a few years ago and all of the kids that got it were vaxed. I thought the vaccine was supposed to prevent it?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Hmmm I thought the majority who came down with it in this instance were not immunized. 

Quoting maecntpntz219:

maecntpntz219
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM

I don't remember the number, you may be right that the majority were not, I just know not all of them were not vaxed. I believe I read many were only partially vaxed and a few were fully vaxed.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting maecntpntz219:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:43 PM

The news reports I watched had an exact number if how mnay were vaxxed and unvaxxed and I cannot find any transcripts or online articles that soecify that info. But my family and I are fine and we are vaxxed so it is all good here, lol!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

It's weird.We had a measles outbreak here a few years ago and all of the kids that got it were vaxed. I thought the vaccine was supposed to prevent it?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting maecntpntz219:

annezeiler
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:48 PM

I also heard on the news that all but one of the infected people had not been vaxed (I live in So CA too). 

We actually went to Downtown Disney during that week, and last week my daughter got this weird, wet rash that started behind her ear and spread all over her body... I made the mistake of Googling it before taking her to the doc and all of the symptoms aligned with measles, so I was pretty worried (she has been vaxed).  Turned out it was just the strep she got at the beginning of winter break manifesting itself in a new way (yay?) but yeah, it had me worried there for a bit, lol. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

The news reports I watched had an exact number if how mnay were vaxxed and unvaxxed and I cannot find any transcripts or online articles that soecify that info. But my family and I are fine and we are vaxxed so it is all good here, lol!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

It's weird.We had a measles outbreak here a few years ago and all of the kids that got it were vaxed. I thought the vaccine was supposed to prevent it?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting maecntpntz219:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:50 PM

No, but my sister and her family did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)