Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey!! Typhoid Timmy.... Stay the hell home

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

I wish there were a way to get my Boss to stay away from work when he is sick...  He coughs and sneezes  into his hands, wipes them on his jeans, then proceeds to touch the phones, keyboards, door handles etc... He licks his fingers to pick up and sort papers.  most of the time when he coughs, he doesn't even cover his mouth...grrrrrr...  with this new flu going around that is actually killing people, i wish there were a way to force him to stay home.  We have an employee here that has had cancer and has a compromised immune system, I have 4 grandkids that i watch after i get off work and i don't want to make them sick.. 

Plus, after he comes to work sick, and infects the rest of us, we end up having to take a sick day because of it and he gets all pissy because we miss work... 

the guy never goes to the DR.  He very rarely washes his hands  even after going to the bathroom...  (the bathroom is in the main office and i can hear if he uses the sink) 

Plus he's an asshole on top of everything else....  

ok vent over.   Do you think companies should make sick employees stay/go home?

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarbear8508
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I think they should, but a lot don't send them home. I'd have Lysol and hand sanitizer on my desk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup and I'd be really obnoxious with it too, I'd be spraying Lysol on everything.

Quoting sarbear8508: I think they should, but a lot don't send them home. I'd have Lysol and hand sanitizer on my desk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM

Your post title made me laugh :)

I hate when sick people are inconsiderate of other people.  Stay home!!  My only suggestion is to keep a huge container of Lysol wipes at your work area.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I can't stand those people. Never, ever, ever touch your face when you are out. If you have to sneeze, elbow. Wash hands regularly.

I like to leave when I see people hacking and then touching. Everything.

Quoting nybor48:

I wish there were a way to get my Boss to stay away from work when he is sick...  He coughs and sneezes  into his hands, wipes them on his jeans, then proceeds to touch the phones, keyboards, door handles etc... He licks his fingers to pick up and sort papers.  most of the time when he coughs, he doesn't even cover his mouth...grrrrrr...  with this new flu going around that is actually killing people, i wish there were a way to force him to stay home.  We have an employee here that has had cancer and has a compromised immune system, I have 4 grandkids that i watch after i get off work and i don't want to make them sick.. 

Plus, after he comes to work sick, and infects the rest of us, we end up having to take a sick day because of it and he gets all pissy because we miss work... 

the guy never goes to the DR.  He very rarely washes his hands  even after going to the bathroom...  (the bathroom is in the main office and i can hear if he uses the sink) 

Plus he's an asshole on top of everything else....  

ok vent over.   Do you think companies should make sick employees stay/go home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they should require employees to use proper health precautions, if that includes being home, so be it. Even my daughters at one could cough into their elbows. GROSS!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Every time he coughs, spray the longests spay of Lysol you've every sprayed in his direction ha

Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Ewwwww..  That's just gross.  I'm sorry your boss is a walking germ.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would post big notes all around the bathroom (over the toilet,on the bathroom door,by the mirror,ect.) saying ALL EMPLOYEES MUST WASH HANDS BEFORE RETURNING TO WORK,if there's not one already in there (there should be).I'd keep a huge bottle of hand sanitizer on my desk (though I'm not usually in to the overuse of it...but in this case....) Then,every time he sneezed or coughed,I'd spray lysol in the air,or on his keyboard/phone,ect.I'd be a huge,annoying ass about it.Hopefully he'd get the hint.

ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Ewwe...Gross. I think you should go to work in a Hazmat suit and mask and when he asks why you are wearing that say "I don't want to have to take a sick day if you get me sick AGAIN". LOL

I worked with all men for many years and they were gross too. Every morning I would wash my phone, my desk and anything else they may have touched. I also had clean towels to sit on because they would sit their smelly asses in my chair when I wasn't there. I used to physically spray them with Lysol too. Can you tell I'm a germ nut!? ;)

craazycuckoo
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

That's just gross.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)