Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I borrow a skin expert?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have rosacea and I'm looking to reduce or rid of it all together. My dermatologist gave me a cream but I just swapped one problem for another because it dried out my face horribly. Any recommendations?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:20 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM

Coconut oil.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:27 PM

I have a friend with rosacea and she swears by coconut oil and pure aloe vera.She also makes a paste with tumeric and yogurt or honey and leaves it on as a mask for about 30 minutes.

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Like coconut oil and aloe mixed or one or the other?

Quoting MrsApple:

I have a friend with rosacea and she swears by coconut oil and pure aloe vera.She also makes a paste with tumeric and yogurt or honey and leaves it on as a mask for about 30 minutes.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:36 PM

She uses the coconut oil as a face wash and moisturizer.When she gets a flare up,she will apply the aloe vera to the area throughout the day.Says it clears the breakout up a lot quicker and she gets less breakouts.She uses the tumeric mask less often,only when a bad breakout happens (which she says is very rare now). 

Quoting momto1ryen: Like coconut oil and aloe mixed or one or the other?
Quoting MrsApple:

evelynolivesmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:40 PM

I say coconut oil too, I have eczema and have been using it regularly for about a year. Huge difference. I use it for a moisturizer or as a scrub with sugar and lemon juice.

momto1ryen
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:04 PM
Quoting MrsApple:

She uses the coconut oil as a face wash and moisturizer.When she gets a flare up,she will apply the aloe vera to the area throughout the day.Says it clears the breakout up a lot quicker and she gets less breakouts.She uses the tumeric mask less often,only when a bad breakout happens (which she says is very rare now). 

Quoting MrsApple:

Do you happen to know the turmeric to yogert to honey ratio?
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 7:04 AM

You just add the tumeric little by little until you have something thick enough to stay on your face as a mask.

Quoting momto1ryen:
Quoting MrsApple:

Quoting MrsApple:

Do you happen to know the turmeric to yogert to honey ratio?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)