Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't beg for money online.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

I really don't care how hard up you are.

If you are able to make a post on a momsite to beg for money, then you are able to use google to look up resources in your area.

You are a grown ass adult (presumably if you are a mother) figure out how to be responsible and independant for your OWN LIFE.

I have been so poor I picked fruit off the trees in a mall parking lot ffs.  I can't even tell you the lengths I had to go to make it through one period of my life.  

And yet I did it.  I came through it.  And not once did I go on a random discussion forum and beg for money from strangers.

Yes, sometimes we need a hand out, there are organizations for just that.  Use google to look them up instead of begging on a mom site.

End of rant.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:16 PM
Eh, get over it. You don't have to respond to these people, ya know?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM
3 moms liked this

Hold on!

You picked fruit off a tree in a mall parking lot?  What type of fruit because I am genuinely curious as to what type of fruit tree can grow in a parking lot...and how healthy that fruit would be after being gassed out by the exhaust on cars.

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM

It was plums lol

They wouldn't be affected by the cars anymore than trees grown in someone's yard by a road with heavy traffic, I'm not sure they would be affected at all in any case. 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Hold on!

You picked fruit off a tree in a mall parking lot?  What type of fruit because I am genuinely curious as to what type of fruit tree can grow in a parking lot...and how healthy that fruit would be after being gassed out by the exhaust on cars.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM
First I have never read a post where someone is begging. They make post and vent other people offer help that isn't begging.

You don't like it then don't reply
craazycuckoo
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Now I will apologize to the cat for spewing him with water.

Quoting wicked_tink:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:23 PM

I'm with you, but I just assume someone thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. 

I just saw on FB where a good friend has set up a gofundme for her wedding.  I'm pretty disappointed in her for that, but I realize that people have no shame anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:23 PM

People do post begging.  One just got poofed actually.

Just because you've never seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And I don't respond to them, I simply report them and move on.  I can't have an opinion about it?

Quoting Anonymous 4: First I have never read a post where someone is begging. They make post and vent other people offer help that isn't begging. You don't like it then don't reply

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM
I guess it the new "panhandling"
I've never seen a mom ask for money here.

But I have seen women on Facebook asking for guys to take them something to eat at work or take them on a date.
It was pathetic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Funny since I've been on here all morning and I haven't seen It. And it isn't your business.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

People do post begging.  One just got poofed actually.

Just because you've never seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And I don't respond to them, I simply report them and move on.  I can't have an opinion about it?

Quoting Anonymous 4: First I have never read a post where someone is begging. They make post and vent other people offer help that isn't begging.

You don't like it then don't reply

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)