Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vomit and diarrhea --GROSS!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I think I had food poisoning, I got sick all of a sudden, literally explosions from both ends.  I got well as quickly as I got sick and no one else in the house got sick at all.

My problem is, when it came on, I ran for the bathroom, taking off my pants on the way cuz it was bad.  I got into the bathroom but not onto the toilet before my rear end started exploding, I sit on the toilet and start puking, doing my best to hit the sink.  Everytime one would start, the other would start too.  After that first horrible episode, I put bowls in each of the other bathrooms, so I could safely do both at once.

the first incident was in the "spare" bathroom.  I did my best and got some of it cleaned up, but the smell was making me wretch, and the last thing I wasnted was to make a bigger mess, so I just shut the door and told the kids not to use it.  It's been about 48 hours and I'm finally feeling better, however, the bathroom is horrific.  Everything is now dried on and I need to clean it.  Please, any suggestions for the best way to go about it before the kids get home from school.  It's the floor, all over the toilet, some on the pedestal sink and even some splashed up on the baseboards and walls. 

Bash if you must, it's not like I had any control over what happened.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:25 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Turn on the shower and steam the bathroom
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM
I would also steam up the bathroom to "soften" everything up. Then wipe it up, and spray the whole place down with vinegar.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM

let some cleaner sit on it for a while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM

That's actually a great idea except it's the half bath off the living room.  I'm not sure the amount of steam the sink produces would be worth it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Turn on the shower and steam the bathroom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM
I would wet it all down with disinfectant and hot water let it sit a while to loosen it up then go back and clean it with hot soapy towels or rags.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM
It's worth a try!!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That's actually a great idea except it's the half bath off the living room.  I'm not sure the amount of steam the sink produces would be worth it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Turn on the shower and steam the bathroom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:33 PM

I guess I just need to get started. I have collected nitrile gloves, a hospital grade citrus cleaner, Spic n Span, white vinegar, a sponge mop and an old sponge. I just want it to GO AWAY!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:35 PM

LOL, I just noticed this post is all anons.

missymackie
by Hey Brother on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Go in with a face mask and gloves wildly spraying Lysol disinfectant, then use some type of antibacterial spray and soak all the surfaces in it lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)