Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with older kids

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM
  • 14 Replies

Are you secretly (or not) glad that you don't have to deal with diapers, daycare, fits, etc anymore?

Why or why not

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:26 PM

I miss the newwborn/baby stage. I still get fits from my kids. Mainly my older 2, (8 and 12) shockingly. My oldest is whiney and it drives me bonkers!

eztwins
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I love older kids!! Mine are 11. I don't think I'd go back to any age under 6 for all the money in the world! No secret here lol...I'll tell anyone I don't miss diaper, tantrums, car seats, or any of it lol.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved when my ds was little, but I love that there are no diaper bags, sleepless nights and my DS is a pretty cool dude to hang out with now

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM
My youngest is turning 8 soon. I wouldn't go back to diapers and midnight feedings for all the money in the world!
bigmouthbabe
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:29 PM
Most definitely. Life now is awesome.
theboyfactory
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I have older kids and a little guy. I obviously missed it since I decided to start again. :) Who knows? Maybe I'll decide for 1 more.
bcoll
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM
I enjoy very much that they are more independent and love watching who they are becoming but I still have little ones and a baby. Honestly, I haven't found an age I didn't like yet.
Trisi
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Not secretly at all. Lol. My oldest is 21 and youngest is 10. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with diapers and car seats anymore. I love that I can tell the kids to get ready to go and they do it themselves. It's great!
steph2474
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM
My kids are 14&19 while I loved the baby stage I'm happy they're older. I now have time for myself and I don't need to worry about babysitters. Plus now it's easier to have a conversation with them. Downside, I have girls so perfume, makeup etc cost more, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Yes.  I don't want to deal with diapers or babies and it isn't a secret.  My kids walk, talk, dress themselves, read, make their own breakfast....It's fantastic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)