Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange things you've found in your child's backpack?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

I opened up my daughter's backpack (she's 8) and I couldn't figure out why her backpack had this strange pickle smell to it.

I found this baggie of what I assume is dill. It was all liquidy and sludgy.

I had a wtf moment. :/

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elfling811
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD comes home with sticks and leaves more often than not.  She collects them. 

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:34 PM
Well that's just nasty lol!I'd have to say a banana peel is probably the worst,but there is always some weird science experiment going on in one of their back packs..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:34 PM

My DD came home with a couple of plums that I didn't send with her. Usually though it's just a bunch of extra papers that she has drawn me a picture on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:35 PM

Yeah, that used to be the case. Lol.

I asked DD where the dill came from and she said it was from her garden. (They garden at school).

but how long had it been in her backpack becoming green sludge? She has no idea.

Quoting elfling811:

My DD comes home with sticks and leaves more often than not.  She collects them. 

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:35 PM
Yesterday mine brought home a container of half eaten oranges she got from one of her teachers.
elfling811
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:39 PM

LOL

I am paranoid of finding something nasty so she and I go through it every day before doing homeowrk.  I won't do that forever.  She is only 6.  Lately I have been having to check it in the mornings too because she has been trying to sneak toys into school.  She constantly tests me...lol

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Yeah, that used to be the case. Lol.I asked DD where the dill came from and she said it was from her garden. (They garden at school). but how long had it been in her backpack becoming green sludge? She has no idea.

Quoting elfling811:

BellaByrdie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Rocks are what my daughter collects.  Drives me bonkers.

One day I couldn't figure out why her backpack was so heavy.  I opened it up and their were rocks, sticks, grass, flowers and leaves.   She was collecting them to show her science teacher at school.  But yeah I had a WTF moment. 

ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Rocks, sequins, broken loom bracelet rubber bands, dead bugs wrapped in tissue, Bus seat foam. His friend found a hole in the bus seat and passed around foam to everyone. Apparently it was quite a treasure. I told him that was not a good idea though. LOL!

whtevrsclvr
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It always makes me giggle when they come home with someone elses work or paper, you have to wonder how that exchange happened. Hell my 7yo comes home in the wrong coat sometimes, it is a miracle he makes it home half the time.

J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM
A picture of my dd classmates mom. She had no idea how it got there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)