Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you suspect abuse, or am I reading to much into it.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My friend that I've known for ten years, has been in a lot of horrible relationships, but I stuck by her because I love her and her two sons. Well her new boyfriend just rubs me the wrong way, he's kind of rude and sarcastic, and I feel like he is controlling but makes it as if he's joking about it. She is currently pregnant with her third child, and he is the father, so they are in it for the long haul regardless.

Well today on facebook, she posted a status that he had put hot peppers on her youngest son's pizza (He's 4 btw). No one knew apparently accept the boyfriend, and he let the kid eat it, and then they posted a video. She thinks it's a joke, but her son was crying and begging for water, and you could just hear her boyfriend laughing in the background. I personally don't think that is a funny joke to play on a four year old, maybe a teenager, but not a four year old. I may be overreacting, but like I said this guy just rubs me the wrong way, and I feel it is only going to get worse from here. Should I talk to my friend about my concerns or just leave it be. I would feel horrible if anything were to happen to any of them. Advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maminka-4
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM

I wouldn't call it abuse, I would call it stupidity on his part. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Your gut is usually right so you're probably spot on about it. Many abusers use "jokes" as a way to abuse their victims and what he did to her son is pretty fucked up. If you voice your concerns prepare to lose her as a friend because she will most likely stick up for him.
smalltownteddy
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:44 PM
That's cruel of him, and she has issues if she thought it was funny.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:45 PM
7 moms liked this
What kind of asshole picks on a 4 year old?

And what kind of mom stands by and let's it happen?

Poor kid. :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM
That poor baby ,that is so mean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:47 PM
My son loves hot/spicy stuff and he is 5 (has loved that stuff since forever).
I would never make him eat it or give it to him without letting him know it was spicy/hot.
I think her boyfriend is out of line but I have also seen other parents do similar stuff.
momma_sam
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:49 PM

thats pretty fucked up. idk if it would be classified as abuse though. 

ctownjessiejo
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:51 PM

That was an awful thing to do. Probably just stupid, but obviously the mother doesn't care any more than the bf which is very sad. Mother's are supposed to protect their children and it seems like she is failing. I would never allow that.

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM

That is something I would do to my older kids. I also buy my adult son clown gifts (he is  afraid of clowns) and have since he was around 15. I also carry "fart spray" in my purse for car rides. Not something I would do to a four year old but also not classified as abuse. 

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:53 PM

That was mean of him. Poor kid

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)