Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need tips.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

I know this is going to come off as a poor me post but its not. I need solid advice.  Its very embarrassing to me but I have an issue with my arms and I no longer am able to brush my own hair. :'( I know this sounds petty to be upset about that but it prevents me from leaving my house. I prided myself on my appearance and styled my hair everyday. Now I cant even put it in a pony tail.  My husband is able to brush it for me at night and he tries to put it in a bun but by the morning time its ruined.

Hats look  really bad  on me. No matter the style I look like a truck driver.

Anyone know of any styles or treatments that last while sleeping? Or any tips on how to keep your hair from getting messy at bed time?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:45 PM

get your dh to braid it at night time for you

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Is the issues with your arms coming from a problem with your neck? There's a reason I asked this question.

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:46 PM
I would braid it
SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Why not have him brush it and put it up in the mornings? Or just have him learn how to braid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:50 PM

No. I have an illness that affects my mobility. It just decided to attack my elbow in one arm and the shoulder in the other.  I cant extend either arm enough to get a brush to the top of my head. Ive tried leaning my head down to brush it but it wont go through the hair. I cant pull it in that downward motion. Its so hard to describe.

Quoting blessed107:

Is the issues with your arms coming from a problem with your neck? There's a reason I asked this question.

Bonita8790s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:51 PM
I am really sorry you are going trough something like this and best way is a braid..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:52 PM

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Why not have him brush it and put it up in the mornings? Or just have him learn how to braid.

He leaves for work at 3am. If i have a drs appt or I plan on going anywhere I do get up at that time and he will run a straighten iron through it for me. He is a really awesome human being but he has no braiding talent. We have even used you tube tutorials to try to get him to learn even a basic one. A big fail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM

What about getting a super cute pixie cut?   

SamanthaSage
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:56 PM

Do you have kids or a friend or any other family who can come in and help you out on days you have errands to run or whatever? What is wrong with your arms, anyway, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting SamanthaSage:

He leaves for work at 3am. If i have a drs appt or I plan on going anywhere I do get up at that time and he will run a straighten iron through it for me. He is a really awesome human being but he has no braiding talent. We have even used you tube tutorials to try to get him to learn even a basic one. A big fail.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 1:59 PM

Quoting SamanthaSage:

Do you have kids or a friend or any other family who can come in and help you out on days you have errands to run or whatever? What is wrong with your arms, anyway, if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting SamanthaSage:

I have Rhumatoid Arthritis.  I dont have anyone to help me. no one I would feel comfortable sharing this issue with anyways. I have never asked my child. That is an idea. Thank you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)