Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vegetarian stepdaughter said this to my son, annoyed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
2 moms liked this
We're a family that eats meat in every meal. Basically if it doesn't have meat it isn't a meal kinda thing.

My stepdaughter is a vegetarian. DH teases her about it all the time and she usually has a good sense of humor about it. She was over last night and Ds7 was eating steak. I wasn't there when this happened. He cut off a hunk and started chewing it a lot and saying "yummmm don't you wish you could have some Hannah? This is so much yummier than your nasty beans". DH was about to jump in when she said "what I eat isn't any of your business, and you look like a disgusting pig with your mouth open like that. And no, I don't wish I could have some of your dead cow".

DS cried because she spoke to him much more harshly than usual, and now doesn't want to eat meat because he didn't make the dead cow = steak connection before and we went on a class trip to a farm where he milked and pet a cow a few months ago.

Grrrrrrr any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfette1903
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:19 PM
51 moms liked this
He got what he deserved for taunting her.

Teasing occasionally is one thing but when it becomes consistent, then it gets old really fast.
Hubris_Huntsman
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:20 PM
5 moms liked this

Kids being kids.  I'm surprised your child did not know where steak came from by age 7.  I'm sure he'll get over it.

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:20 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't think what she said was all that horrible.  Sometimes people are rude to you when you taunt them.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Imo i hate to be rude but he should have left her alone your upset with her but you should be upset with him. Who talks with their mouth full of food anyway, it's called table manners
happinessforyou
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
12 moms liked this

Grrrrrrr any suggestions?

Yeah- stop teasing her.... your DS is only doing what all of you are doing...

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
6 moms liked this

tell your son to be respectful of his sisters choices

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
6 moms liked this

I mean, what she said was rude... but to be honest, your son was rude first. If I were a vegetarian (which I am not because I fucking love meat), and someone said that to me, I'd probably respond the same way.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
5 moms liked this
He started in on her first and turn about is fair play.
Tal0n
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd say he deserved what he got.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
9 moms liked this

She's sick of everyone teasing her and lashed out accordingly. I suggest everyone leave her alone. Your son learned the truth, there's nothing wrong with that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)