Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

* Can I brag about my teenage son? pic

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:18 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

He was sick yesterday and this is what he texted me this morning. What a sweetie. What sweet or thoughtful things have your kids done lately?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maecntpntz219
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:20 PM

My 6 year old drew me a picture and said "this is because you're the nicest mom ever and I love you so much" :)

I hope he's like your son when he's a teen!!

Krystle1216
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
That's really sweet! My dd is 9 but she is always so lovable and sweet when it comes to sharing her feelings about us. Ds is 2 but he randomly shares his affection with us with random hugs and kisses and my favorite when he says I love you out of nowhere.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
My son drew me a pic of Reggie Wayne. It's on my fridge. :)
devoted31
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM
my son had to come back home from the bus stop on Monday real quick because he forgot his snowpants. As he was leaving he turned around and said "mom, don't forget to lock the doors so you stay safe" :) He is 9, has a heart of gold that is for sure :)
Sunshines0214
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:24 PM
Quoting maecntpntz219:

My 6 year old drew me a picture and said "this is because you're the nicest mom ever and I love you so much" :)

I hope he's like your son when he's a teen!!

He has been sweet and sensitive since day one, I feel super lucky. Thanks.
Sunshines0214
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:27 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM
Aww.
I too got a thank you from my 12y/o DD yesterday. We are at the stage where She thinks im the "devil" so it was a pretty nice thing for me.
She had a friend that texted her some disturbing things and my DD was clearly upset over them and did not know how to go about handling the situation without thinking she would make it worse. I took it to the guidance counselor who actually was very thankful because she heard rumors about the situation in question but the girl denied it and the text messages were proof and enough to call the girl and her parents back in for a meeting.
Trisi
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Sweet

Bump
Jessy76
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:31 PM

I was driving my 6 yr old dd to school today and I was being silly. I started singing "We're off to see the Wizard the wonderful Wizard of Oz because, because, because , because BECAUSE the wonderful things he does". My DD asked me to sing it a couple more time. Then she says listen to me mom and she sang "we're off to be with mommy because because because because the wonder mommy stuff she does." It was very cute and was nice to see her have a genuine smile on her face. We had a very rough weekend and she is not cooping so well.

Sunshines0214
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1: Aww.
I too got a thank you from my 12y/o DD yesterday. We are at the stage where She thinks im the "devil" so it was a pretty nice thing for me.
She had a friend that texted her some disturbing things and my DD was clearly upset over them and did not know how to go about handling the situation without thinking she would make it worse. I took it to the guidance counselor who actually was very thankful because she heard rumors about the situation in question but the girl denied it and the text messages were proof and enough to call the girl and her parents back in for a meeting.
It's good when they know they can come to you at that age.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)