Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AAAHH!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
THERE IS A RODENT IN MY HOUSE!!!

I am outwardly calm because I don't want the kids to freak out, but ew ew ew!!!

There is a mole in the other room, currently chowing down on my dog's ham bone, well the last little piece of it anyway. The dog is fricking useless and is hiding in here with me. The mole is fat and is squeaking really creepy, is he calling all his friends?

We get moles every year, so we should be prepared, but we're not, I can't find any traps. My toddler is sleeping so I can't go buy any for at least another half hour. So I'm hiding and plotting all the ways that I will kill this furry little minion of Satan, what works best for you?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:23 PM
I have no experience with this type of thing, here's a bump.
theboyfactory
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:28 PM
I would just shoo it out the door with a broom. How do they get in your house?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:30 PM

My dog hunts them and kills them. She is a cheweenie and there are spiral shaped holes all over my back yard. LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Quoting Danesmommy1: I have no experience with this type of thing, here's a bump.

Thanks. Once I do kill the damn thing I'm considering having it stuffed and dressed in a cute little outfit, then I can give it to my dog to keep forever since they are apparently best friends. If only my husband wasn't allergic to cats! Stupid wimpy dog. He is sitting here whining at me because the mole stole his bone. WTF!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Quoting theboyfactory: I would just shoo it out the door with a broom. How do they get in your house?

Our house is old, the records in our county don't go back that far so I have no idea how old. Also, it's a farmhouse, I live on a farm. Lots of critters around here, but I take it personally when they decide to come into my space, I feel violated. My husband thought he finally fixed the hole under the door where we thought they were coming in, apparently not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting theboyfactory: I would just shoo it out the door with a broom. How do they get in your house?

Our house is old, the records in our county don't go back that far so I have no idea how old. Also, it's a farmhouse, I live on a farm. Lots of critters around here, but I take it personally when they decide to come into my space, I feel violated. My husband thought he finally fixed the hole under the door where we thought they were coming in, apparently not.

Oh, and I can't shoo it away cause it keeps running behind the cabinets whenever I get too close. I can't believe we don't have any mousetraps!!! I found glue traps, but that seems mean.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:43 PM
Quoting brettsmomma:

My dog hunts them and kills them. She is a cheweenie and there are spiral shaped holes all over my back yard. LOL

My dog is a beagle and he acts like he's tough, but now he's sitting here whining like a bitch because the big bad mole is eating his bone. I told him to get it and he just looked at me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM
It pooped all over the floor too.
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:48 PM

ive got 4 dogs that would hunt it. got a bucket you can throw over him?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Quoting janedoe13:

ive got 4 dogs that would hunt it. got a bucket you can throw over him?

I tried, but it keeps retreating behind the cabinets whenever the kids or I move. It's surprisingly smart. But thanks for the suggestion, keep them coming please!

I'm considering putting down a glue trap, but what do I do with it once it gets stuck? I don't want the kids to see.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)