Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you successfully lost weight?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 51 Replies

If so, how did you do it?  I have tried tons of different plans plus exercise and strength training and nothing seems to work.  When I was 30 I was very active and slim but now after having kids and hitting 40 I have put on weight and can't get it off no matter what I try.  It's so frustrating!  Any success stories out there of people like me who have successfully lost weight? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NBVP1
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I lost 80 pounds and I did it the old school way I guess. To me, it felt very natural and like common sense.

Cardio and weight training. Drinking water. 6 small meals a day, trying to get a little something from every food group every day.

No one is ever very impressed with my weight loss story because it isn't shocking or miraculous. But it worked and it gave me skills that I've used ever since.
Opal614
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is my mantra.
I lost 60 lbs between 04/13-10/13. I used Sparkpeople and it helped to keep me mindful about the quantity and quality of my calories. Besides that, I weigh myself twice a week, and I do something active every day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:53 PM

I will give that a try.  I have tried that method in the past.  Maybe I didn't stick with it long enough.  Thanks!

Quoting NBVP1: I lost 80 pounds and I did it the old school way I guess. To me, it felt very natural and like common sense. Cardio and weight training. Drinking water. 6 small meals a day, trying to get a little something from every food group every day. No one is ever very impressed with my weight loss story because it isn't shocking or miraculous. But it worked and it gave me skills that I've used ever since.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:54 PM
Clean eating, and breast feeding lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:54 PM

Is Sparklepeople a website?

Quoting Opal614:

Mobile Photo

This is my mantra. I lost 60 lbs between 04/13-10/13. I used Sparkpeople and it helped to keep me mindful about the quantity and quality of my calories. Besides that, I weigh myself twice a week, and I do something active every day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:55 PM

I'm not breastfeeding anymore but it did help at the time. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Clean eating, and breast feeding lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:56 PM
3 weeks ago I was 223lbs. As of monday apparently I'm 217lbs. I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I thought I was supposed to gaining weight, not losing weight, lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM

I think it's different for everyone.  Congrats on your baby!

Quoting Anonymous 3: 3 weeks ago I was 223lbs. As of monday apparently I'm 217lbs. I'm 28 weeks pregnant. I thought I was supposed to gaining weight, not losing weight, lol.

dandynorm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I avoided processed foods like the plague. I even let myself have sweets in moderation, but I had to make them myself. I also had a daily shot of apple cider vinegar and honey.
Beyond that, I was just constantly moving. I danced while I cleaned, I took the stairs instead of elevators, and I went outside and played with my kids.
It took time, but now it just stays off
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Low carb and power yoga.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)