Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The only thing I hate about having had kids

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:57 PM
  • 4 Replies

Don't get me wrong there are plenty things that annoy me about having kids but thats normal, however there is one thing I absolutly hate. I am so much more emotional than I used to be there used to be four things that made me tear up without fail 1. When Matthew dies in Anne of Green Gables (both book and film) 2. when Littlefoot thinks his Mother has come back to life 3. when Artax dies in the Neverending Story by sinking into the swap of sadness 4. and when the Doctor and Rose have the scene on the beach and he says "I'm burning up a sun just to say good bye". That was it, I wasn't one of those girls that weeped at everything and now I can't get through the beginning of Up without tearing up and it drives me nuts because I have such a hard time letting go of bad emotions and just crying because I need to. Now all I have to do is pop on Up or Captain America and it feels like cheating, feels like I haven't learned how to deal with emotions healthly yet.

I know its a very stupid, very first world vent but I still hate it.

( For those who don't know the references the first one if pretty explanitory, Littlefoot is from the Land Before Time series which I highly recommend even the sequels, Artax is the horse from Neverending story that Atreyu rides, and the last one is Doctor Who in referance to the Tenth Doctor)

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel you! I hate watching like 'bad movies' bc i always wonder what if?

If me and ds go on a plane and it crashes, we're gonna die. He can't swim and i doubt I'll be able to keep him alive.

Zombies? I can't run... and he can't keep quiet. (Hide and seek is SO easy with him lol).

Then it makes me sad bc we're gonna die! I don't cry but i get that big lump in my throat, close enough. Lol
KiaMorrison
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:12 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: I feel you! I hate watching like 'bad movies' bc i always wonder what if? If me and ds go on a plane and it crashes, we're gonna die. He can't swim and i doubt I'll be able to keep him alive. Zombies? I can't run... and he can't keep quiet. (Hide and seek is SO easy with him lol). Then it makes me sad bc we're gonna die! I don't cry but i get that big lump in my throat, close enough. Lol

I've been working on my cardio of that very reason I have come to the conclusion that those baby carriers are going to save my kids. I have hypervigilance so I think of those things alot its awful when I meet new people I asses their threat levels and how likely it'll be for me to win a fight against them. 

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:33 PM
I can't watch any movie with a child getting hurt, etc without tearing up.
Drumama
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:38 PM
Lack of sleep. You lose sleep and never get if back. Ever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)