Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious...why black people are more friendly in the south?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies

I have lived in the northern states and I now live in the south and I find that black people are way more friendly in the south. There is no talk of racism and no hate of whites in the south. People are just people in the south and they don't really regard by color. Level of hillbilly yes, but not color.   One of my best friends here is black and I asked her this question and she said she didn't know but knows what I am talking about. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I am married to a northern black man and he seems pretty friendly to me, lol. I don't know of any people of color who are rude or mean but maybe that is just where I live
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:17 PM
Yeah, I think there are rude/friendly people of all backgrounds no matter where you go.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am married to a northern black man and he seems pretty friendly to me, lol. I don't know of any people of color who are rude or mean but maybe that is just where I live
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:18 PM

I think black men are friedlier than black women overall but this was just my experience.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am married to a northern black man and he seems pretty friendly to me, lol. I don't know of any people of color who are rude or mean but maybe that is just where I live

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:18 PM
It has nothing to do with ones color or where they live. All people are different.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

what she said.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Yeah, I think there are rude/friendly people of all backgrounds no matter where you go.

bcoll
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:19 PM
3 moms liked this
Everyone is friendlier in the south.
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:20 PM
Everyone is friendlier in the south
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:21 PM
I don't think it has to do with race. People in big cities are ruder than rural areas. There's research about the rudest cities in America. New York, Boston and DC win.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:22 PM

No one here has experienced this? All of my children noticed it right away and for the first time my dd had a black friend here but back north she wouldn't have even considered bc the ones in our area were so foul mouthed and talked so badly. Of course some white kids did too, to be hones Asians where ever we have lived have been the more consistantly nice.

Quoting CheerioHolder: It has nothing to do with ones color or where they live. All people are different.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:22 PM

I think so too.

Quoting bcoll: Everyone is friendlier in the south.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)