Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mil....smh

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

my mil has been trying to split dh and i up since the beginning, at firast she tried getting dh to leave me by making up lies, and now since that hasnt worked for 6 years she moved to telling me stuff dh has done.....i know pretty much everything nothing shes said has made me see him any different. today she was in one of her moods and told me that dh "played the violin with his arms" right before we started dating because his ex cheated one him......when i didnt react the way she expected me to she blew up and called me a psycho for not even caring.....its not that i dont care it just doesnt matter 6 years later, he had a moment of weakness and that doesnt make him a bad person, iv had my moments also but i was to afraid to cut myself, so i just used a needle and scratched my skin.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:43 PM

bump

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM
I guess I'm not clear on what that phrase means. He tried to kill himself or what? Anyway, have you tried not talking to her anymore?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:46 PM
Sounds like its time to cut the toxic crazy lady out of your lives...it's not easy, I'm in a similar situation with my lovely mil...there's a group on here for those of us with MIL issues and they are VERY helpful ladies!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM

he cut his arms up, not tried to kill himself, we have to deal with her to see dh's siblings......

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I guess I'm not clear on what that phrase means. He tried to kill himself or what? Anyway, have you tried not talking to her anymore?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM
Played the violin with his arms? I'm confused
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM

he cut up his arms

Quoting Anonymous 3: Played the violin with his arms? I'm confused

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM

what she said.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds like its time to cut the toxic crazy lady out of your lives...it's not easy, I'm in a similar situation with my lovely mil...there's a group on here for those of us with MIL issues and they are VERY helpful ladies!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:49 PM

we've tred cutting her out but it always backfired when we went to see dh's siblings.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sounds like its time to cut the toxic crazy lady out of your lives...it's not easy, I'm in a similar situation with my lovely mil...there's a group on here for those of us with MIL issues and they are VERY helpful ladies!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Just because you see the siblings does not mean you have to interact with her.

You can explain to the siblings that there issues between your family and mil right now and you'd appreciate that if you're with them that she not be there or that you be informed ahead of time that she will be there so you all can best decide how to proceed.

I'm assuming there are children involved...how would you feel if your mil starts trying to use your children to break you and dh up? Think it can't/won't happen....so did I and I was dead wrong!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

we've tred cutting her out but it always backfired when we went to see dh's siblings.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM

we have told them, she usually just pops up

Quoting Anonymous 2: Just because you see the siblings siblings not mean you have to interact with her. You can explain to the siblings that there issues between your family and mil right now and you'd appreciate that if you're with them that she not be there or that you be informed ahead of time that she will be there so you all can best decide how to proceed. I'm assuming there are children involved...how would you feel if your mil starts trying to use your children to break you and dh up? Think it can't/won't happen....so did I and I was dead wrong!
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)