Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I am fed up of seeing poo posts lol so here is my post lol

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

Just curious here 

what are your family boundaries & rules ?

Do you see your dh family more or your family more ?

who deals with conflicts that affect your family ? you or your Dh ?

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:45 PM

i see my mom regularly like once a week. i see dh's mom about twice a week. bil we see holidays sil holidays.

drowningmama
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM

We havent seen or spoken to dhs family in almost 14 years.  

We pretty much only see my dad on my side of the family.

I deal with family conflicts.  I also deal with school conflicts.

Boundaries and rules - we make it up as we go.  Our household is different.  We have profoundly sn kids.

Spare.Time
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:47 PM
It's all about me all the time
.Milfshake.
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:48 PM

We don't allow outside famiy conflicts in our home, Dh's family is in Texas, mine are in Jamaica. so, we don't see them often 

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:50 PM

We see his family more because they live closer.  But, because of that, we generally only see them for a day or two at a time, whereas when we see my family it's several days at a time. Generally, I deal with conflicts in my family (which are rare because we are all very laid back and easy going) and he deals with his family. 

Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:54 PM
We see our families often they're only 20 minutes away. We discuss conflicts together but they don't affect our home.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM
Thankfully, we don't have any family conflicts. We see his parents more than mine because his are local. We see my kids more because he doesn't have any. Lol
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:56 PM
We have very little to do with DH's family. We see my family regularly.

We both deal with any conflict that arise.
bellaamore
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:01 PM
My dad and his dad passed. It's just our mom's and siblings.
His mom and brother both live within about1000 feet of us. His brother is often busy and working so we don't see him often. His mom is constantly doing something and we see her about once a week unless she is sick. She keeps the kids once every two weeks to stay the night so I can deep clean and we can spend alone time together, once again unless she is sick.

My brother lives hundreds of miles from us and has four kids and wife, works two jobs, etc. We almost never see them. My mom lives within a mile of him. We rarely see her unless it's near a holiday or birthday or she's in town for some reason. Even then, she may spend more time elsewhere.

We don't really have conflicts. Everyone knows where we stand on everything and at the sign of any drama, we shut it down. Both of us deal if there's drama, but usually me for my mom or him for his mom. Not much drama involved, thiugh

He does have a half brother that i cannot stand. He deals with him because the last time I did, I made the decision he'd never see me or my children ash ain or be on my property. They text sometimes. That's about it. Dh told him that he stands behind any decisions I make about our family because I don't take things like that nicely.
Momof2Stepof3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:02 PM

DH's mom and dad pasted away several years ago, we use to see his sister and her family weekly until we moved here to Texas. Haven't seen my mother and step father since 2012 when they visited use in CA and they is rumored to come see us next month. Haven't seen my father since 2004 when my brother died. Haven't seen my sister since 2011 when my grandfather died.

We have no real conflict with either family. I am the black sheep keeping my head down the last years mother has on earth.

Quoting xFaithx123:

Just curious here 

what are your family boundaries & rules ?

Do you see your dh family more or your family more ?

who deals with conflicts that affect your family ? you or your Dh ?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)