Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MIL is getting on my nerves.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

She keeps dropping hints about me getting a job. Its annoying. I have 4 kids. Oldest goes to regular school, I have to put him on the bus at 7:45am. The middle 2 dont go to school until 12:30 and my youngest is 2, and i dont do daycare so shes with me all day. My mil expects me to depend on my mom and grandma as my babysitters and personal taxi service. Without pay. My family does enough for me already, i cant expect them to give up their lives to help take care of my kids. I also wont buge on daycare. When I first started having kids I had a job where i could bring them with me and once i was half way through my pregnancy with the 3rd i lost my job and became a sahm after that. And then dh and i had the 4th. She also told me i could get an afternoon job while dh watches the kids, i dont want that either. He barely helps with them now so i highly doubt he would do it when im not there. He would probably feed them microwave meals and not give them baths. Also he cant seem to understand that yelling at a crying 2 year old isnt going to make the 2 year old stop crying, its going to make it worse. So pretty much i dont trust him with the kids alone. Sad but true. I told dh that it was annoying me and he said she cant help it thats how she was raised, that both parents worked. Just because she was raised that way doesnt mean she needs to constantly tell me what she thinks i need to be doing. I know its hard on dh to be the only one working sometimes but its saving us a shit ton of money in childcare costs. Once the youngest is in school i will start working again. He even agrees that i shouldnt be working right now but of course he wont tell his mom to shut up about it. Its not my fault she chose a piece of shit to have kids with. He wouldnt work and made her do it all and would refuse to watch their kids and then he goes and gets arrested (prison, hes still there) She was also the 6th kid in her family so she had a bunch of free babysitters. I dont have that. Id rather be with my own kids anyways. I just wish she would leave me alone about it and mind her own business.

End vent

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:02 PM

Say "thanks for your opinion" and change the subject.  Rinse and repeat.

Anony2015
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:11 PM
That's very annoying! Why do so many MIL's feel like they can say such idiotic things?!

You have the most amazing and rewarding job in the world, and that is being with and raising your own children. Not everyone gets that opportunity, cherish it.

Don't let this MIL dictate how you feel about work, you will work when the right time comes. 4 kids is a ton of work for now and they need you more than anything right now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)