Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be inappropriate?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I have 2 daughters. They have different fathers and I am not with either of them. Both are inactive and neither pays any CS. However, I want to let my older daughter's father know that I appreciate him. He's been civil any time I have a question, and things have been HARD lately but he's been willing to work with me to protect her and himself, he held true to what we agreed on and he treats me kindly when we do talk. The other ex took advantage of the situation and I was forced to get a restraining order because of his cruelty.

The first ex and I are discussing the currwnt situation as I type, and I do want to send him a simple "thank you" for being civil amd working with me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:42 PM
Like what?
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

A nice, sincere thank you would go a very long way.   Can you send him a nice card instead of just an email or text? 

RedHeadTemper
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:45 PM

Depends, Like KenneMaw said a Nice card would not be inappropriate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank him for not being a douche? Since when do we reward the bare nminimum of effort?
mom32of2
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:48 PM
I'm confused a bit by your post. Both are inactive, and dont pay child support. What are you thanking him for then?
ejkdmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:49 PM

This.  You want to thank him for doing less than the minimum required to care for his kid?  It is great he is civil, but it is required when you make a kid you support that kid.  You are either very very nice, a pushover, or a troll.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Thank him for not being a douche? Since when do we reward the bare nminimum of effort?

happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:58 PM
What are you thanking him for?

He doesn't do anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:20 PM
I'm nice. DD was concieved off a 1 night stand, so I let him off the hook with child support, we agreed it was best for her if he stayed uninvolved, he's not stable and the life he lives is very unhealthy for her.

H9wever, he is willing to do anything I ask of him that is in her best interests, he has worked with me pretty closely for months to protect us all from my own mistake, stepped in with my other ex, and freely provided any information I have needed. He's also been emotionally supportive. Amd I do appreciate that. My other ex? Downright abusive, angry, amd uncooperative. In light of everything, I do appreciate the good guy for being civil, friendly, and willing to help as much as I've needed him to.

Quoting ejkdmom:

This.  You want to thank him for doing less than the minimum required to care for his kid?  It is great he is civil, but it is required when you make a kid you support that kid.  You are either very very nice, a pushover, or a troll.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Thank him for not being a douche? Since when do we reward the bare nminimum of effort?

SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:22 PM
Yeah thank him for not supporting his kid and being inactive in her life
CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:24 PM
It takes two to tango. Did you intend to have a baby without his knowledge? At the very least he should help support her. It's not about your pride, it's FOR HER. If you don't need the money the save it for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)