Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

no period....no pregnancy right?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:13 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok first off in no way am I using this no period thing as b.c.just asking a question. So I have mild endometriosis and severe interstitial cystitis along with a whole list of other stuff. I just had a laparoscopy, which showed my tubes were completely open. My doc said I should be able to conceive fine. But my question is A. If im not bleeding where is all that tissue waste going and B. If im not bleeding doesnt that mean im not ovulating which would mean I cannot conceive. Please no rude responses im just wondering. Thank you!
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosie211
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Bump. Idk.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:22 PM
All I know to tell you is that my daughter thought she couldn't get pregnant because she wasn't having periods & I kept telling her that wasn't the case. My grandchild is now 8 months old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Mobile Photo

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:24 PM

This should probably have been discussed with your dr

DomDuck
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM

my SIL got pregnant before her period came back. same with a lot of people on this site from what they say. i dont know about all those other complicatons, though.

ChaoticX4
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM
It can be a big problem in conceiving but not impossible. No periods mean no ovulating. They may be able to give you shots or Meds to help.
aprilsalcro
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM
can you talk to your doctor ? good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM
yes true but you can start ovulating anytime and you can get pregnant before you ever have a period.
ChaoticX4
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:27 PM
Oh and the bleeding happens because you build up a lining for the baby. If there is no fertilized egg implanted then you shed the lining.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:28 PM
My niece has PCOS. That means virtually no periods. She didn't use birth control. My great niece is now 7.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)