Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've turned DH lazy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
When dh and I first married I worked more hours than he did, plus I worked later and alot of weekends. So dh did most of the house work, since he would completely clean the house while I worked on the weekends. And he did most of the cooking since he got home 2 hours before me every evening. Yes, a wonderful man.

Fast forward many years. Now, I am SAHM. Between me and the kids we keep the house clean and I do 90% of the cooking. Which is fine, i really don't mind. The problem is dh has just become plain lazy. He comes home from work, gets a little something to eat then dozes off until dinner is ready then watches tv until bed time.

I'm trying to think of things to break this cycle. Get him more involved with the kids and things with the family. He hates bored games or card games. When it's nice outside sometimes I can get him out to play with the kids but for the past month it has either been too wet or too cold. I've suggested a project, like bird houses or something to do with the kids. He usually just turns his nose up to it. Give me some ideas
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:25 PM
Bump
MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM
What's he interested in? Does he like video games, camping, fishing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:34 PM
He bought a ps3 and COD games for himself. It lasted a few months. He got bored but now ds and dd love to play minecraft and other games on it.

The things he is interested in is mostly for himself, like he's in a motorcycle club, plays on a band. When he does go out to work on his motorcycle or car I try to get ds to go out with him. For a while when ds was younger, dh would discourage it saying he won't be still, can't really help. Now ds is 11 and ds has no interest in helping and would rather play video games.

The only time he takes an interest is during football. Dh will take ds to the gym, help out with his team, that sort of stuff.

Quoting MilkLover0203: What's he interested in? Does he like video games, camping, fishing?
MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:38 PM
It seems like everyone's just kinda doing their own thing based on their interests. I wouldn't frown on that, but I'd encourage an evening out as a family occasionally. Maybe take a drive to the mountains or beach to spend the day. I'd be more worried by his stagnant behavior affecting your marriage. Try to have a date night.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He bought a ps3 and COD games for himself. It lasted a few months. He got bored but now ds and dd love to play minecraft and other games on it.

The things he is interested in is mostly for himself, like he's in a motorcycle club, plays on a band. When he does go out to work on his motorcycle or car I try to get ds to go out with him. For a while when ds was younger, dh would discourage it saying he won't be still, can't really help. Now ds is 11 and ds has no interest in helping and would rather play video games.

The only time he takes an interest is during football. Dh will take ds to the gym, help out with his team, that sort of stuff.

Quoting MilkLover0203: What's he interested in? Does he like video games, camping, fishing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:46 PM
I'm trying. It seems like the only time I ever get a sitter for us to go out is actually just to go watch him play out. By the time he's done, he's extremely tired. Which I understand. He is pretty affectionate towards me while he's at home and awake, always hugging and kissing when ever he passes me. I love watching him play but get tired of just sitting there watching and then not fetting any attention when he takes breaks bc everyone is fighting for his attention.

I'm just trying to get him out of this slump he's in at home.

Quoting MilkLover0203: It seems like everyone's just kinda doing their own thing based on their interests. I wouldn't frown on that, but I'd encourage an evening out as a family occasionally. Maybe take a drive to the mountains or beach to spend the day. I'd be more worried by his stagnant behavior affecting your marriage. Try to have a date night.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He bought a ps3 and COD games for himself. It lasted a few months. He got bored but now ds and dd love to play minecraft and other games on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:37 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)