Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM
  • 5 Replies
So, I have been recently staying at home with the kids instead of working. I have my DD who turns 4 in April and my SD who will be 4 in June. I want to try doing things they'll enjoy but other than playing with Playdough or coloring, I'm clueless as to what to do to entertain them all day. Any suggestions as to what we could do on these cold days inside?
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:42 PM

get some paint and a roll of paper. Roll the paper across the top of the table ~Cover it. Now give them crazy things to paint with. Celery stalk (flowery end) , 1/2  apple, old toothbrush, little cars (dip or paint the wheels let them make tracks) You can paint the plastic pieces from play dough or a shape sorter and stamp the paper.

have a scavenger hunt. You write (draw ) simple clues on paper, hide them, have a little prize for both of them at the end.

Get a fairly large box. Cut out one of the long sides. Help them draw on it to look like an old TV. Let them put the box over their head so it rests on their shoulders. Now let them do shows. Weather girl, news, show & tell. Have props for them. They will love it.

roll out the paper trace them and let them color themselves in

Get a huge box and cut out a door and windows. Let them decorate it.

Construction paper, glue sticks, feathers, beads, cut up scraps of paper  and you can spend hours making things. You could draw simple things (fish, cow, star, anything) let them glue stuff all over then cut out the shape . Call it scrappy (fish) etc. Hang them up.

get some things you have around the house ~~ small wastebaskets, hula hoops or other rings(you can tapes a belt together) create an obstacle course for them. Time them ding it.

Bake and let them decorate cookies.

get construction paper, glue and yarn and let them make yarn pictures by gluing yarn to paper.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Get a BIG plastic bin and a huge bag of rice. Let the kids play in it like a sand box. Put it on a plastic table cloth in the kitchen. Give them plastic cups, scoops, measuring spoons, plastic boats or cars

Use Masking tape and create a maze on the kitchen floor and let them drive cars around on it.

Make crowns out of construction paper. let them decorate with jewels, beads, scraps of rick rack. Then play dress up with them.

You could cut out shapes from felt. Let them decorate with markers and gluing things on. Stuff with newspaper or tissue paper and You hot glue the two sides together.

MissMaryMack88
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:04 AM
Bump!
MissMaryMack88
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:05 AM
Those all sound fun, messy, but fun! Lol.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Get a BIG plastic bin and a huge bag of rice. Let the kids play in it like a sand box. Put it on a plastic table cloth in the kitchen. Give them plastic cups, scoops, measuring spoons, plastic boats or cars

Use Masking tape and create a maze on the kitchen floor and let them drive cars around on it.

Make crowns out of construction paper. let them decorate with jewels, beads, scraps of rick rack. Then play dress up with them.

You could cut out shapes from felt. Let them decorate with markers and gluing things on. Stuff with newspaper or tissue paper and You hot glue the two sides together.

brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:08 AM
Get on Pinterest, there are tons of easy, age appropriate crafts on there. Board games. Make a felt board.

Get some foam craft sheets, cut them in different shapes. Sit them in front of a window/mirror with a small bowl of water. Dipping the foam shapes in water will cause them to stick to the glass.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)