Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just applied for condo without DH permission

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

We have been staying with family for a few months to save money after I was in a very bad car accident this past fall. Our lease was up and I wasn't working so we moved in with a family member in their in-law suite to save money while I was on disabiity before we undertook another large rent (we're saving for our second home, we sold our first one two years ago and took a loss). My husband has worked the entire time. Anyhow, I found the PERFECT home. It's a townhome, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath in a wonderful neighborhood for $1300/month. I just got the call today to fill out new hire paperwork at the job of my choice this afternoon which will double my income, but even on my disabiity we can afford the rent. I just wonder what DH will say if we get it... Hopefully: "Wow, this is a nice house. I love it!" LOL! Anyway, sending a prayer up that if it's God's Will that we get it and I'm going from there. I know I'm tired of sharing, and after coming close to losing my life I'm willing to step out on faith and pay a little more than I normally would. I know most of the people on here own, but if you rent, do you think $1300 for a 4 bedroom new build in a prestigious neighborhood and excellent school district is too much? And by "permission" I don't mean that literally, I just mean I didn't consult him before submitting our application because I know this is just US.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like the word "permission" when talking about my relationship with DH. But this is kind of a big thing, it'll affect your entire family. You should've at least run this by your DH.
Krystle1216
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM
I would have ran it by my dh before making that kind of decision regardless. When do you plan on telling him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:56 PM
well most likely you will need to get permission from the HOA to do anything.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM
No lol we pay 1348 a month for a 3 bed 2 bath apartment. That's a wonderful deal.
mommybear91
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:57 PM
Actually shit lol what state is that?
Not_A_Native
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:58 PM

My husband would not mind that sort of thing at all.

As to your other question, obviously it depends on where you live.  A one bedroom here in an ok neighborhood runs for close to $1200.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:01 PM
As for price.... Depends on ur area.
I would never make a decision like that without discussing with him.
Greenenvy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:01 PM
That sounds cheap!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM
We pay 1100 for 2 bedrooms 2 baths
loveyourenemy
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:05 PM
We pay 1675 a month for a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom but it depends on location
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)