Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No. He is MY son!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:49 PM
  • 23 Replies

My ex has been on my case about talking to my youngest since Christmas. I wont let him because I told him back in September when he came back into my sons life that he had to be there and not just on Holidays. Well, He stopped talking to my son in Oct and suddenly at the end of Dec he wants to pop back in?! No way. So he messages me on Facebook asking.... When are you going to let me talk to my son? I wrote him back saying "He is MY son. not yours. I am the one here taking care of him. I am the one who goes to his school and talks him out of under desks when he is having melt downs. I am the one who calms down the neighbors when his meltdowns wake their kids. I am the one who has to scrounge for gas money to take him to his many appts to find out why he has all these meltdowns. What have YOU done?"

(my youngest has bad anger issues that he is in councling for) 

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:50 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with shit like this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:52 PM
What she ^^^ said.
SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. And even more sorry that you're dealing with it alone.

Seasal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:55 PM
Do you have a custody agreement where you can keep ds from visitation? The meltdowns might be from confusion brought on by your ex being an inconsistent parent. :( Sorry you guys have to go through that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Be careful about saying shit like that in writing. Courts frown on saying MY kid
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:57 PM

This is the first time his dad came into his life. DS is 7 and he has never met his dad. His meltdowns have been happening for years. I have no custody orders yet. I have a default hearing on Friday.

Quoting Seasal: Do you have a custody agreement where you can keep ds from visitation? The meltdowns might be from confusion brought on by your ex being an inconsistent parent. :( Sorry you guys have to go through that

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:58 PM

What would the courts know? He never goes and doesn't file his paperwork.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Be careful about saying shit like that in writing. Courts frown on saying MY kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:00 PM
He could one day though. Your not wrong. I'm just saying CYA and only say that in ways he can't prove it like in person.

Quoting MysticLove:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Be careful about saying shit like that in writing. Courts frown on saying MY kid

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:03 PM

Usually I try not to say anything over message or text for that very reason. But today I am just at my wits end. His wife has been messaging me 2-4 times a day since Christmas. DS was suspended from school again. I have court tomorrow and no where for DS to go. And to top it off I hurt myself on Sunday and ended up with a concussion and my head is still killing me. I just couldn't take it anymore.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He could one day though. Your not wrong. I'm just saying CYA and only say that in ways he can't prove it like in person.
Quoting MysticLove:

MySunshine220
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:10 PM

You should never ever use a child as a weapon to hurt anyone. If he is inconsistent let your son see it on his own, but you should give him opportunities to see HIS child.  Thant way if he doesn't its on him. Its not your job to punish him. You may feel like you have done everything but you didn't make your child alone. He was once good enough for you to lay in bed with but know that your not together hes not  good enough to be around YOUR son??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)