Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should internet safety be taught at schools

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I know it is the parents responsibility to do so but it is sad fact that some do not and in some cases kids just doesn't listen.

I was watching web of lies tonight there were two shows where young girls were murdered and it all began on the internet.

I think maybe by the time that kid enter middle school it should be something that is taught. Internet safety and the dangers of social networking.

I know sometimes children don't listen to their parents because we'll we are old and stupid. I have had the issue with my own daughter accepting friends request from complete strangers.

What is your opinion on this subject?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Bump
blessbest
by KristinMom on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:13 AM
Exactly what i came to say about the murder of a 13yrs old girl on
Web of lies. Internet safety should definitely be taught in schools and parents too should keep a close eye on their young children.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:14 AM
It is taught in my daughter's school, although she told me everything she learns in there she already knew because I taught her.... But I think its good for the kids who dont have the parents that teach them things
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Dd's second grade class brushed over internet safety briefly at the beginning of the year.

I'm all for it, but ultimately it's up to the parents to keep a close eye on their kids.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:18 AM
I think that's a really great idea.

DS doesn't get why I won't let him interact with people online. I keep explaining it and hopefully it'll stick eventually.
10isenough
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:20 AM
My kids school teach it but we taught it first. My kids aren't really allowed to use the internet though without our permission. My ds12 is the only one that is allowed to have free access but we can see everything he goes into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:25 AM
yes schools should teach internet safety
Fireball101586
by Ruby Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:33 AM

All three of ours were taught it growing up, at home and school. Our youngest who is the only one at home is 13 and he does have a FB page now, but the only ones on it are friends from school that we know and family. He also Skypes with his big sister who lives in KS and we are in PA. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:37 AM

I think it's a good idea.  I think parents need to do a lot more also.  Too many parents give kids unrestricted and unsupervised access to the internet.

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:38 AM
My Dd is in 2nd grade the teacher talks about internet safety with them. They have computers in the classroom they play educational games on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)