Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sometimes i dont want my 5dd to live with me anymore.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:40 PM
  • 55 Replies

so my 5ydd is in kindergarden and for the last year she has had such an attitude off and on every few months its like this for awhile but ever since she started kindergarden her behaivor has been threw the roof!! attitude always she acts more like a 2yr than my actual 2yr does always whinning and screaming and throwing tantrums a few days ago she threw a box full of barbies at me and tonight she  a small book.  i love her but i am soo fed up if she sisnt have school id probly send her to visit her aunt for a few weeks maybe having a break from her sisters might help.  i am sure its just jealousy and her adjusting to being in school but i am tired of it i have tryed all kinds of things (time out doesnt phase her at all, taking toys doesnt matter to her because she has no favorites,spanking and talking to her wont work either) my hubby says if i talk to her it would work but i try and all it does is make her scream more then i scream  besides she listens when he talks but only while hes home as soon as he leaves she stops doing what he told her to. so talking doesnt work. sometimes i feel like a single mom because hubby works full time ( 2p -11 pm) so hes not here for the worst part of the day, and because of his schedual he sleeps till about 10 am so between 10 and 1130 i have help after that hes busy getting ready for work.i have talked about this several time with him but not much has changed. he thinks because hes not home he can be helpful. wich is only partly true at least in the physical sence if he would back me up more often when he is home it would certainly help. he does back me up alot but sometimes he does things like give a snck or candy after i have already said no, usual he just wants the kids to stop pestering him for things. sometimes he just didnt know i said no already. i am just so tired of her behaivior and have no idea how to change it i have read books and internet post and even watch tv shows (super nanny enteraing and sometimes makes me feel better about my kids ) but none of it helps or seems realistic.she does not act like this at school.  i am trying to teach her about respect but it doesnt seem to be catching on. i hate yelling and having these screaming matches with her but it seems to be the only way she hears me.  i am just so tired sometimes i feel like giving up and just lettingher do whatever but then that would drive me nut too. i am all out of patients. 

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you and your husband giving her much in one on one time?  Especially with her dad not being around she may be seeking attention in any way she can.  

strongforthem
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:57 PM
Maybe you should stop screaming at her?
J.M.O.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:57 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I have no words :/
bellaamore
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm sorry that was so hard to read. I think I'm getting it, but I'm working so hard to figure out what I'm reading that i forget what i read already. Words are all wrong,so many run on sentences so I don't know where things stop and where they start.
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM
5 moms liked this
Her attitude is a reflection of your parenting. You are right to think you need outside help. Look up a family counselor.
Amybelle
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:01 AM
5 moms liked this

"I feel like a single mom because DH works full-time" oooooooooooh if anyone bothers to read that far into this mess you're 'bout to get your azz handed to you! Good Luck! LOL

AppleJaxx
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Um.... what?
Well, off the top of my head. No you are not like a single mom...so shut the eff up.

And maybe you should actually show her respect i.e. stop yelling at her. It's obviously not working otherwise the behavior wouldn't keep happening.
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Poor newbie lol

Quoting Amybelle:

"I feel like a single mom because DH works full-time" oooooooooooh if anyone bothers to read tht far into this mess you're 'bout to get your azz handed to you! Good Luck! LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Wtf.. just give all your kids away... that will solve this problem.. whatever it is.
firebird78
by JKL's mom on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Okay, I couldn't even get halfway through that
So, maybe go talk to a family counselor and go enroll in some parenting classes-they are very beneficial
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)