Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she's in school for 11 hrs a day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

i dont really wanna go into the back story. but my niece lives in an unsafe environment. i've already called CPS, but idk if they've even gone out to check on it.

but now, her teachers are picking her up from her house at 6:20am... and another teacher brings her home at 5:30 or later in the afternoon. she's 5 years old.

parents cant take her to school themselves b/c their car got damaged by retailating gang members.... and they live too close to the school to be eligible for her to ride the bus (if you live within 2 miles, you cant ride the bus).

i'm kinda hoping that if the teachers notice her living environment, they'd call cps too..? idk how much more weight they have than just a non-mandated reported, but maybe if more people call, they will actually do something?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:49 PM

If she's under two miles away, why don't they have a parent walk her. Refusing to bring your child to school could get them in trouble for just that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:53 PM

honestly? b/c her parents are too fucked up to even walk down the stairs, let alone the 2 blocks to the school. they've only done it for 2 days, but i'm hoping they will notice and notify CPS.

honestly, i'm surprised they even re-enrolled her in school... though its probably because they want the free babysitting during normal school hours... and now that the teachers are taking her even longer, they are living it up. smh.

how long does it take for cps to investigate a claim?

Quoting lenashark:

If she's under two miles away, why don't they have a parent walk her. Refusing to bring your child to school could get them in trouble for just that.

MilkLover0203
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 11:56 PM
It's children like this that slip through the cracks, and end up damaged. I'm sorry.
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:03 AM

It depends on the truency laws where you live and if the school is being active in reporting.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

honestly? b/c her parents are too fucked up to even walk down the stairs, let alone the 2 blocks to the school. they've only done it for 2 days, but i'm hoping they will notice and notify CPS.

honestly, i'm surprised they even re-enrolled her in school... though its probably because they want the free babysitting during normal school hours... and now that the teachers are taking her even longer, they are living it up. smh.

Quoting lenashark:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:17 AM

since the teachers are picking her up, i doubt they'd get in trouble for truancy... though i kinda wonder what'll happen if they ever get sick of it. i know the parents wont repair the car-- lack of funds and when they do have it, it goes towards other things (drugs)...

but if both the teachers see the condition of the house, what the parents look like-- if they are sober when they come to the door, or too messed up... that'd mean more people will call them. i hope at least. =/

Quoting lenashark:

It depends on the truency laws where you live and if the school is being active in reporting.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting lenashark:

Seasal
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Sounds like the teachers already know what the situation is. That's why they are driving her now and keeping her away and safe as best as they can. Hope things work out for her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)