Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idk how comfortable I am with this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
First of all I'm a single mother, my youngest is 3 months old. Now I work at a vets office, a couple weeks ago a man came in and it looked like his dog got tangled in wire, he told me his dog jumped on his guitar and the strings snapped. Anyway he saw my pictures in my office and tried giving me $200 for "the beautiful kids in the picture". I put it in an envelope and had the receptionist give it back to him at his dogs follow up. Then he sent me flowers, then the follow up, he asked if I wanted to go out with him to the melting pot, I agreed and we went out. He didn't say date or anything he said he wanted to take me out to thank me for helping his dog so I thought nothing of it.

Then a couple days ago a package shows up at work from this guy and it's clothes for my kids....I'm really not comfortable with this and the other techs now follow me home to make sure he's not there.....idk what else to do because he's technically not harassing me...it's just really creepy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shy_Dia
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Wtf. You can't be that stupid right?

Damn.
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:17 AM
3 moms liked this
After the $200 donation and the flowers, you really didn't think dinner was a date? I mean, I'm all for some free food, but really?

And yes, he sounds creepy. I'd return the clothes and any future gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:19 AM
You actually went to dinner with a man who offered you money for your children....... I.. um... yeah..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Next time you see him tell him how you feel. Some men don't get it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:21 AM
After my dh beat and left me my coworkers did the same thing and a few regulars did as well

Quoting ermka: You actually went to dinner with a man who offered you money for your children....... I.. um... yeah..
SeaNymph09
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

From the start he sounded like a stalker, so why did you go out with him?  We're you attracted to him, or are you too"nice"?

wicked_tink
by twinkie humper on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:22 AM
*-* I am not sure what to say but damn...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:23 AM
He sounds sweet. A bit forward, but sweet nonetheless.

Is he attractive?
Rebirth0112
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:24 AM
Creative but no.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:24 AM
Did he offer to buy your kids or did he just want to give you money for them?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)