Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another Post Had Me Wondering....What's Your Story?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies

In the post about the burns on the OP's hand, and her wait time..

Reading through the replies, and just wanted to let you vent here.

Tell me your E.R. Wait stories.

Were you the most horribly injured and those around you just had "sniffles"?

or were you the one with a minor injury and saw someone with a major emergency just sitting there with you and not being treated?

Share below.  VVVVVVV

I was taken back into the E.R. after being in the waiting room for one minute.

After that it was hours before a doctor came to see me.

And I was discharged with a note saying they didn't know what was wrong with me.

:\

Share yours.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:54 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:54 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:55 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:56 AM

The only time I've ever gone to the er was by ambulance due to my epilepsy & they took care of me right away.

Ashleeduhh
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:56 AM
Lol. Idr anything really crazy except the wait times in the room and the not getting real answers usually and..the huge bill they send you!
Ashleeduhh
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:57 AM
My sister did take my nephew today bc she thinks he has bronchitis and she was there 3 hrs and apparently they were taking people back who weren't there before her and then someone was vomiting behind them and she was worried he'd get sicker and asked them why he wasn't getting taken back and they pretty much blew her off so she left..lol
Childofares
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:57 AM

I got told to wait while having chest pains and a bp reading of 185/134 while they took a lady with a cold.

yo_ho
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:59 AM
I took DS to children's when he fell and bumped his head, vomited 5 times en route and wanted to sleep in the waiting room. Easily 30+ to be seen. We got taken straight back and taken to the trauma room. They started talking ICU off the bat, DS barely reacted when they checked his pupils. Thankfully it was only a concussion. And yes I say thankfully because before the CT scan they were talking brain bleeds and skull fractures.
Jenniy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:02 AM

My son was sent to the Children's Hospital ER 4 hours away from where we lived, they knew we were heading there and we were in the waiting room for 2 hours and in the ER room for 4 before they got him a bed.  He ended up needing a 2 week hospital stay.

Jasuzha
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Its varied. Although the last couple of times I went I got irritated because triage took forever. They said they triaged by who was the sickest. Well you can't know who is the sickest until you triage them. Both times the sent me to quack track. Then they realized, oops she's actually sick and needs to see a doctor. I was there this month for five hours and wasn't treated. Last month I was there for eight hours and wasn't treated.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)