Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you were a shoplifter before and got busted

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
What was your punishment? What did you steal?

A long time ago I stole a shirt and I forget what else.Wasnt over 35 dollars.I was arrested and had a $500 fine.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:48 AM

uh sorry but I never shoplifted and I grew up dirt poor. I never even considered it. My mother would have beat me to the point I would end up in the er....

SilverFire85
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:51 AM
I stole makeup once. The officers detained me at the store,and I had to pay a fine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:51 AM

I grew up poor so I shop lifted a lot. I got caught once & my parents had to pay a fine. I didn't get into any legal trouble.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:56 AM

I shoplifted makeup as a teen. I didn't get caught, but I didn't enjoy my "Kissing Potion".

corpswife523
by Krystal on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:58 AM
I used to steal a lot. Like, a lot.

But nothing major. Clothes, make up, beauty accessories, shoes..

Lady saw me stick something in my purse once, I hauled ass (more if a speed walk, so I wasn't noticeable) and got away.

My two friends didn't, though. They just had to empty their bags.
Linda_Runs
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM

I hear you on that.

I shoplifted a few times when I was 12 and 13.  I really didn't need to because I grew up in a middle class family.

After a few times, I got caught stealing make-up, a magazine and sun glasses.  As I was only 13 they called the police, but let me go into my mom's custody.  You asked about punishment.  I got the worst spanking of my life and I was 13.  It was terrible, but probably not even abusive by early 80/90's standards.

Worked I guess as I am in the legal profession today. LOL

Quoting thetrollcat:

uh sorry but I never shoplifted and I grew up dirt poor. I never even considered it. My mother would have beat me to the point I would end up in the er....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:22 PM
I stole stickers when I was 10 my Mom made me return them and I got grounded for a month.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:24 PM

When I was a teen I stole some make up and candy. I got caught, they called my mom and she came and got me.

Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I was 14. I stole about $200 (maybe more) in clothes. I was arrested and had to participate in a Teen Court Program (which was actually pretty cool and sparked my interest in law enforcement and the judicial system), and had to do 50 hours of community service. 

smalltownteddy
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM
I shoplifted a lot between 13 and 15. Always food. I never got busted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)