Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get how schools could kick a child out...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
I'm watching Dr. Phil. There's this young troubled girl who got kicked out of school for behaving poorly.
It is not a punishment! Kicking a kid out of school that has no interest in school is basically a reward for bad behavior.
if I had got kicked out I would have been like fuck yeah! No more school for me!
it's setting our children up for failure...
Smh... some schools need better programs and they need to work with these troubled teens and their parents to find ways that will work.
If only they cared that much.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:09 AM
8 moms liked this

and who exactly is going to pay for these SPECIAL programs for asshole kids?

CByxbe
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Do you teach? If not then you have no idea what you are talking about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:12 AM
6 moms liked this
Public school systems cannot "kick a child out" without providing transportation and educational services at an appropriate alternative environment, unless the student is beyond the age of compulsory education. They can remove a child from a mainstream encironment if s/he is a constant disruption or threat, but they must then place them in another encironment.

Private schools have every right to expel a student who is jeopardizing the learning potential of other students.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:13 AM
You are correct. Getting kicked out is rewarding and reinforcing unwanted behaviors. And the school systems do not care enough, but sadly many parents don't, either.
thetrollcat
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:13 AM

um this is not true depending what COUNTRY you are in

Quoting Anonymous 2: Public school systems cannot "kick a child out" without providing transportation and educational services at an appropriate alternative environment, unless the student is beyond the age of compulsory education. They can remove a child from a mainstream encironment if s/he is a constant disruption or threat, but they must then place them in another encironment. Private schools have every right to expel a student who is jeopardizing the learning potential of other students.

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:14 AM
9 moms liked this
If those troubled teens are a disruption and a negative influence for the kids that actually go to school to learn, then tough luck. Good kids shouldn't pay for the nasty behavior of bratty kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
So the student who threatened to kill my coworker shouldn't have been suspended for 90 days? The ones who punched the teachers and had the cops called on them and their parole officers called and the cops had to call for backup because they resisted arrest (middle schoolers btw) shouldn't get expelled. These children can and do do physical harm and HURT people. They are not all little innocents who made little mistakes. Some have assaulted staff members. When you assault people there are consequences- no matter your age.

Maybe you should experience some of the stuff that gets kids expelled before you say schools don't do enough!

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm watching Dr. Phil. There's this young troubled girl who got kicked out of school for behaving poorly.
It is not a punishment! Kicking a kid out of school that has no interest in school is basically a reward for bad behavior.
if I had got kicked out I would have been like fuck yeah! No more school for me!
it's setting our children up for failure...
Smh... some schools need better programs and they need to work with these troubled teens and their parents to find ways that will work.
If only they cared that much.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok COOL let it be known that I'm talking about AMERICA.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Public school systems cannot "kick a child out" without providing transportation and educational services at an appropriate alternative environment, unless the student is beyond the age of compulsory education. They can remove a child from a mainstream encironment if s/he is a constant disruption or threat, but they must then place them in another encironment.

Private schools have every right to expel a student who is jeopardizing the learning potential of other students.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:16 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you talking about a suspension or an expulsion? 

As far as kicking out the troublemakers, why shouldn't they? Why should the ones who want to learn be left out because the teacher is too busy riding herd on the fuckholes who can't behave? If they will not behave as they should in a school setting, then off they go. They make alternative schools for the fuckhole kids.

thetrollcat
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:16 AM

Im sorry you are full of shit. Schools have no legal grounds to do anything with the kids. You are obviuosly outside of your ZONE. Lots of kids get kicked out in all types of communities and the schools have no say what happens to homeless teens and so forth. Perhaps before high school or jr high but not after that. Grade school kids typically CPS gets involved. You are just full of shit.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Ok COOL let it be known that I'm talking about AMERICA.
Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Public school systems cannot "kick a child out" without providing transportation and educational services at an appropriate alternative environment, unless the student is beyond the age of compulsory education. They can remove a child from a mainstream encironment if s/he is a constant disruption or threat, but they must then place them in another encironment. Private schools have every right to expel a student who is jeopardizing the learning potential of other students.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)