Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When would be a good time?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM
  • 6 Replies

To start trying again? I had a d&c a month ago. I want a baby, but DH is literally to scared to touch me lately for fear of knocking me up and the same thing happening again... I don't know, he says we need a year so that means I have to come off the contraceptive in December... I want a baby before I'm 30, I'll be 28 in april.

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MeghanH123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:09 AM
Talk to your doc. I was told to wait 3 months after my D & C (3 menstrual cycles). That's what I did. My pregnancy went well with no issues. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:14 AM
Imo, let your body have at least two cycles to heal and move forward. I'm sorry for your loss mama, I had a successful pregnancy with hardly a cycle in between the loss and conception of her but I was a wreck thinking I should have given my body more time to heal so it wouldn't happen again.
RachelBy
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:18 AM
We had 4 losses between our girls and I was told to wait at least a cycle for dating purposes of the pregnancy. But otherwise it depends on how you feel, and when you are ready. So sorry for your loss!
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:42 AM
You should find out when the medically safe time will be from your doctor, then talk to DH and compromise on a time you'll both feel good with. So sorry to read about the D&C! Good luck & best wishes!
LishM15
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 7:36 AM

Thank you all so much. I think my period's about to start, and my DH convinced me in light of everything going on this year, maybe we should stick to the original plan and start trying in December

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 21, 2015 at 7:39 AM
When I had a miscarriage my ob told us to wait 3 months before trying again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)