Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gofundme for legal fees cuz of stupidity???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

Seriously????   these people i know, in their 50's, got busted for pot a year ago...they got a letter from the state they were busted in, saying if they didn't pay 2k$ in fees, they're going to jail....

so they started a gofundme to pay for their legal fees....over a situation THEY created....they KNEW going to Va with pot is a big NO NO...and did it anyways...yes, there are stupid people giving them money, too....wow...smh...funny they seem to go to every concert around here and have money to do that, tho....

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:57 AM
I had a neighbor who had a Gofundme for her husband's legal fees. He got in a fist fight with his son, then shot up his living room couch. They wanted to get him a better lawyer than a public defender.

I thought she had a huge set of balls asking people to pay for that fuckery. I'm so glad they moved, that family was really something else.

Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 7:58 AM
So just don't donate. There's a million GoFundMe's that are absolutely ridiculous.
barnowl73
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:02 AM
Well its riddiculous people have gone to jail longer for pot then child molesters. I have never understood why people get so damn butt hurt over go fund me fundraiser because they dont like what the money is going towards. GUESS WHAT? you are not being FORCED to pay one damn cent! Dont like what the fundraiser is for? just stfu and myob!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:04 AM

well when you see people stupidly spending money on shit, or getting stupidly arrested KNOWING THEY HAVE KIDS AT HOME,  then they set up a gofundme page, kinda makes a person wonder....and their shit keeps popping up on my news feed on fb --yes i'm hiding it, but it still pops up cuz of other people...

Quoting barnowl73: Well its riddiculous people have gone to jail longer for pot then child molesters. I have never understood why people get so damn butt hurt over go fund me fundraiser because they dont like what the money is going towards. GUESS WHAT? you are not being FORCED to pay one damn cent! Dont like what the fundraiser is for? just stfu and myob!

VibeRant
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:04 AM

Well, ignore them. Or are you somehow involved? Did they steal the weed from you or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:06 AM
That's ridiculous I hope they aren't getting a lot of donations
Dawn4175
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a fan of "gofundmes" in general. I just ignore them all.
ChewyBrownies
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:09 AM
A girl i fired has one for her abortion and her boyfriends bond.
Djinn83
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:09 AM

If a friend of mine got busted for a joint, I'd donate. Pot isn't exactly a horrible crime. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:10 AM

they got more donations in one day, than another friend of mine who's got one because of medical bills due to a car accident, and is awaiting SSD or state help or anything...he's left wondering where his next meal is coming from...yes, these people know him too, and gave nothing at all...

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's ridiculous I hope they aren't getting a lot of donations

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)