Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's around Detroit, Monroe, or outer suburbs. .

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:24 AM
  • 9 Replies
Do you like it up there? Are people friendly? What is the housing market like? What is an average price of a decent home out there? What are some safe towns a little outside?

Sorry for the 20 questions!

My dh is being offered a job there, a job that would potentially have us in one place for a decade. We would probably be relocating permanently. As a traveling family this is exciting for us to be permanent somewhere.

I'm nervous. We are still discussing. I haven't been to Detroit since I was 5!

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
VibeRant
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:25 AM

No idea but here's a bump

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:33 AM

Quoting VibeRant:

No idea but here's a bump

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:34 AM
BUMP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:35 AM

Detroit is a ghost town.

xoxlpkrxox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:36 AM
Do not move into Detroit. I would stay at least 30 mins outside of the city. Monroe is nice. We are house hunting around the same area right now housing prices aren't bad at all.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:37 AM
I have heard this as well. His job will be in Detroit, but we are planning on staying somewhere outside, a close town. Do you know anything about those places?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Detroit is a ghost town.

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:38 AM
I believe Monroe is where we are headed as well. And thanks, that's good news about the houses!

Quoting xoxlpkrxox: Do not move into Detroit. I would stay at least 30 mins outside of the city. Monroe is nice. We are house hunting around the same area right now housing prices aren't bad at all.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:40 AM

I know someone who lives on Grosse Island.  They love it.  It took us just over half an hour to get to The Joe when we went, weather was not a factor however.  There was not a lot of night life on the island but was it was very pretty to walk around and had a small town feel.

xoxlpkrxox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:40 AM
You should try realtor.com and just browse thru what is on the market right now.

Quoting fallenangel_353: I believe Monroe is where we are headed as well. And thanks, that's good news about the houses!

Quoting xoxlpkrxox: Do not move into Detroit. I would stay at least 30 mins outside of the city. Monroe is nice. We are house hunting around the same area right now housing prices aren't bad at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)