Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 year old finds gun and shoots sibling! Edit

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:55 AM
  • 23 Replies
A mother in Elmo Mo called 911 to report her 5 year old shot her nine month old with a paint ball gun. Except it was a .22 and the nine month old died. The police say the gun belonged to a relative and no charges have been filed yet. WTH?????? Poor babies

ETA: The gun was indeed a .22 caliber magnum rifle.
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janlove925
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 8:55 AM
Sad
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

This pisses me off. Guns need to be locked up and out of childrens reach. This happens way to often. Fucking stupid gun owners.

momma2mms
by Kristin on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this

We are a gun loving family. But I love and value my children more. We have a gun safe and our kids know better than to ever touch a weapon. I am sad for this family, but more angry with their ignorance to gun safety.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Did the mom seriously not know there was a friggen firearm in the home?

Look momto2boys I can revise mine too :p
momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

While it is the gun owners irresponsibility that ended up in a tragedy do not forget the parents role in this.  

I have a 5yo he knows not to touch guns, lighters, matches ect.  He knows he is to come find an adult & bring them to the item - not to pick the item up & bring it to an adult.   Its about teaching your kid basic safety so you can feel safer letting them at a friends, grandparents, family members house without constantly being in sight.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:11 AM
It wasn't a rifle...

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did the mom seriously not know there was a friggen rifle in the home?
momto2boys3215
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: Did the mom seriously not know there was a friggen rifle in the home?

a .22 is not typically rifle dumbass sheep who cannot even comment without hiding behind your anon status.  Cunt

Shadesgirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Exactly!!

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:13 AM
So sad!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:13 AM
A .22 can be a rifle, just isnt in this case.

Quoting momto2boys3215:

a .22 is not a rifle dumbass sheep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)