Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do any of you ladies believe..

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:39 AM
  • 128 Replies

I have been reading up on the Sandy Hook event, and I have noticed that there are a LOT of people that do not believe that it really happened! I couldn't believe it! But the more I read and looked into it, the more I noticed a lot of weird things surrounding it. For one, the way the parents acted the day after the tragedy. As mothers, is this really the way we would look/act less than 48 hours after something like this?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livingforthem83
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:41 AM
*tragedy
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM
I haven't been in that position, so it isn't for me to say how I would act or how others should act.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM

I don't even go there. You're going to get ripped to shreds here by people who won't offer any counter points; they'll just tell you you're a piece of shit for even thinking any of this...

fiddlerbird555
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM

If you haven't been in that position, you only know of tragedies what you see portrayed by actors. Real people aren't the same. A lot of times you're holding together by a thread, and don't dare emote, lest it lead to an inability to function when you have to function.

Fairegirl33
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM

this isn't going to go over well...

Eastcoastmom24
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Please! They are in fucking shock!
romalove
by SakePrincess on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
That's because decent people with two connected brain cells would realize the impossibility of faking this event, meaning you're now adding to the suffering of people struck by the most horrific tragedy, who have grief I don't want to imagine, by calling them liars.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't even go there. You're going to get ripped to shreds here by people who won't offer any counter points; they'll just tell you you're a piece of shit for even thinking any of this...

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:47 AM

I am not saying I don't/ believe it happened or not.  I am just noticing how many people don't believe it happened. I remember when Thurston happened here. It just seemed very different for some reason.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe it's really happened. I sometimes laugh instead of weep in horrible situations. It's not that it's funny or I don't care... It's like my brain can't handle it and for vwhatever reason I giggle. Shock can really affect everyone differently.
TheMightyLauren
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:50 AM
When I first read about people not believing this happened I was the same as you. And like you I toyed with the idea that it was fake. It wasn't because of the parents reactions though. But yea, there is other stuff. I guess I'd like to believe those kids are alive and well, but honestly I know better.

I don't understand why they would go through so much trouble to fake something like this though. No gun laws have been changed. So, what was the point?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)