Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone here diabetic or your DH has diabetes?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

DH was  just diagnosed with borderline diabetes.  We got a list from the doctor on what to eat and not to eat, and meal plans.  My question is about beverages.  He has stopped soda and sweet drinks, but is there anything he can substitute with instead of water??  I know water is good, and he HAS been drinking lots of water, but i was wondering if there is anything else besides water he can drink with meals that doesn't have tuns of sugar?

Thank you ladies

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamahufferd
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
For a small change up put a piece of freshly cut lemon in his water or unsweetened tea.
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:39 PM
I drink diet stuff and tea. I know, I know, they cause cancer, blah blah blah, but I cannot exist on water alone.
Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband is diabetic. We make "juice" with Crystal Light/Wyler's Light/generic packs like those. They are all sugar free, and they taste really good.
ladyvamp5489
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM

unsweetened ice tea is what i drink when i dont want water, im a diabetic and have been for 3 years now. 

JayTee80
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:43 PM

My mother is diabetic.  She mostly drinks water but she will occasionally have diet soda or Crystal Light.

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:44 PM
Ice. The beverage, not frozen water.
chillemi78
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM
He can do iced green tea with a little honey. Even better if it's organic raw honey. The body processes sugar in honey entirely differently than regular sugar.
And a water bottle with an infused core to do all sorts of fruit infused waters is very helpful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:51 AM

Thanks!

Quoting JayTee80:

My mother is diabetic.  She mostly drinks water but she will occasionally have diet soda or Crystal Light.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2015 at 10:52 AM

Any specific brand??

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

unsweetened ice tea is what i drink when i dont want water, im a diabetic and have been for 3 years now. 

ladyvamp5489
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM

I make my own( put 4 teabags in a drip coffeepot where the coffee would go and brew it)  if you dont like it as strong add water. Also my kids like lemon in it. If you have to buy it my kids and dh like the Arizona brand.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Any specific brand??

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)