Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents of Tweens and Teens- Do You Buy Their Crush Gifts?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:29 AM
  • 27 Replies

Have you ever given your child  ages 11-14 money to buy a classmate a special gift for Valentines? I'm not referring to candy-grams, heart suckers, or carnations that most student council's sell.

I'm referring to an actual gift like a Hallmark card, stuffed animal, chocolate heart, jewelry, bath and body set, or t-shirt for their crush?

Do you recieve or give gifts during  your tween/teen years??

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:30 AM
Mine aren't old enough but I'd give them a small budget to work with, or they could do chores to earn more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM

My 11yo isn't into girls yet - thank God! But if he were, he'd be the one paying for stuff for that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM

No they can use their own money for that shit if they want to get them something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Nope, they pay for it themselves.
StreetsAhead
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:33 AM
The teen is 14. He has had a girlfriend since he was 13.
He wants to buy her something he pays, whatever day of the year it is
Sydel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:33 AM

You would let them buy something if they used their own money though?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

No they can use their own money for that shit if they want to get them something. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:34 AM
No. They have money they can spend if they want, but I won't use my money for a child's crush.
klocker21
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:35 AM
Ehhhhh....not against it...well yah I am.....sweathearts at that age are fine, but...but if my dd when she was 11 came home with a box of chocolates from a boy...ehhh...it's too young to be serious,so no need for a serious gift. A nice handwritten note will be good enough!

Sydel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM

I'm not referring to a girlfriend/boyfriend situation but just a flat out crush. One where the girl already told him she just wants to be friends. There is a boy who gave my dd a heart shaped  engraved jewelry box for her birthday. His mom posted online yesterday that he's doing extra chores to buy my dd a special Valentine's gift. And she tagged me...

Quoting StreetsAhead: The teen is 14. He has had a girlfriend since he was 13. He wants to buy her something he pays, whatever day of the year it is

TheMightyLauren
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:37 AM
My kids don't have their own money other than what they got for birthdays and Christmas. They do chores but don't get allowance. So I'm fine with buying these kinds of things for them. But I won't go over $20 bucks or so.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)