Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All or none, you don't pick and choose!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
My mil has always had a problem with me. When dh and I started dating, he was newly divorced (she LOVED his first wife) and I was a single, never married, mom of 4. One was a biological child that I had as a teenager after being raped, three were adopted from foster care, one as an infant, two as older children. My husband adopted them after we married, and he is their father. Mil refused to acknowledge that, tried to stop our wedding, and dh hasn't seen her since.
In the last year, three things have happened. First, I gave birth to our first biological child. DH's little brother and his wife died in a car accident and we became guardians to their two little kids. We found out I'm pregnant again.
After little brother and his wife died, mil disappeared. She didn't come to the funeral and according to dh's aunt, just went generally nuts, gambling, drinking, partying. She came home last week, and called us in the middle of the week asking to see her grandchildren. We decided to give her a chance. She showed up on Saturday, ready to take her three grandkids to the park and out for ice cream. We stepped outside with her and told her no, you have 7 grandchildren, not 3. She said no, I have three, those other ones aren't my son's kids, and she won't acknowledge some sluts bastards, and did dh make sure to have a paternity test done on our baby and the one I was pregnant with.
Game over. I went inside, dh told her to lose our number and get gone. She did and we figured that'd be the end of it. It wasn't. We spent yesterday at my late sister in laws parents home. We have always been friendly with them, and since bil and sil passed away, we've become very, very close to them. My mil showed up there, hoping to talk to them about talking to us about letting her see her three grandkids. She blew a gasket when she realized we were spending time with them, and they refused to let her in the door.
You don't pick and choose. All or none, and she picked none. My husband is talking to a lawyer today about filing a restraining order.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:36 AM
She sounds crazy.
VibeRant
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I don't blame you. She sounds toxic.

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM
What a witch!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:39 AM

O.O  I would file an RO, too.  

BalderdashMom
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:40 AM

That made me cringe. 

How sad. I admire how you handled it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
She's sounds off her rocker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)