Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you decide...?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
  • 9 Replies

I had another post asking this but it didn't get a very wide variety of answers, so here we go again! 

How do you decide to have more children and when to have them? 

I'm thinking of trying to get pregnant soon, because I've got the baby urge pretty hard, but wondering at what point it is irresponsible to keep having babies even if you're an adult who is financially stable and in a loving, healthy family? 

I guess my confession here is that I just want another baby.

ETA: My husband and I have discussed it, of course, and we're both on board for having another...but I guess I worry about selfishness. Is there ever a perfect time to throw another baby into the mix? Are there selfish reasons to have a baby, even if you can take care of another baby just fine?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:50 AM

I don't know... With dd it just happened (we were being careless)

With ds on day I decided to have another and I got pregnant.

We were done after that but then ds2 decided to join the crew.

BatmanWondaWomn
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:50 AM
I guess as a women our bodies just naturally know when it's time to reproduce.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:51 AM

I didn't. I just got pregnant and had the babies

Chaos1229
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:52 AM
Hmm I guess its something you just know . luckily dh and I are on the same page for the most part. he wants at least one more and I want too.
czazmommy
by MrsZ on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM
We decided to start trying for our first right around the time we got married; we didn't want to have children before we were married.
We wanted to wait until our ds was 3 to start trying again, but I was told when he was 18 months that I couldn't be on bc anymore so we started trying then. We didn't get pregnant until he was 3 1/2 though & our dd was born 12 days after his 4th birthday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:55 AM
I didn't. Instead of my husband and I deciding together, he decided that the answer was no more kids after our one. Im sad about it everyday. Good luck to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 11:55 AM
Well. My husband and I talked about it. I really wanted 1 more last baby. I knew that. He knew that as well. I originally said if it's going to happen I want to be pregnant by a certain time but it didn't work out and we put the idea on the back burner so to say. And i resolved with muself that we were done after all. Then he brought it up again way past my cut off time and I hesitated and left it up to fate. I knew when I was going to ovulate and we decided we will try this once if it happens great if not we will see how I feel. Well I got pregnant but we know it's the last.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:00 PM

That is really something you have to decide with your DH. There is a lot of things to think about when deciding to have another child.

DH and I stopped after 1. There was a lot of reasons. Money was part of it. However there is also things like time and energy that had to do with it. We didn't know if we could keep up with more kids, or had the patience. Also, we enjoy our time by ourselves and time with just the 2 of us. The more kids, the less time we would have. We didn't want that. Time together is one of the most important things for us. However DS is 7 now and we have decided to adopt, but not a baby. I love babies, but I dont want a baby. They are cute for a little while, then its nice to pass them back to their parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:40 PM
I wouldn't want to kids under the age of one.

My dd was 1 when dh and I found out I was preggers with ds. I have two in diapers. 2 year old is getting potty trained.

But we both decided to wait till both dd and ds are in school full time to think about having another baby. I want two girls and two boys.

It all depends on you and dh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)