Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's get serious here....

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:36 PM
  • 31 Replies

Really. 

What kind of people to you surround yourself with? Sure, some will say, only good people. But, really, I've surrounded myself before with toxic people. But I'd like to think that I learned from experience. Now, my friends are people I respect and have loyalty to.

No judgement, but, how about your circle? What's it like?

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:37 PM

I don't have friends

LyTe684
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM

I got rid of the Toxic assholes a long time ago

Now I have my kids and grandkids. I have a few aquaintances and 1 person I am dating. I stick mostly with my family

HandMmom12
by Jody on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM

Would it be rude of me to ask the circumstances?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I don't have friends

LyTe684
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

A very long time ago (iin my late 20s), I learned that I dont' need, want or even like toxic people.   I deleted them from my life.  These may not necessarily be 'bad' people, but are typically emotional vampires who can't be happy for themselves or anyone or who need constant attention/affirmation.  

My circle now is very small and I have solid women friends that I are funny, a bit weird and smart. They all typicaly have a more relaxed approach to parenting too.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM
I learned some hard lessons with friendships in the past. Now I only have a select few I call friends. I mostly interact with family.
VibeRant
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM

My circle of friends is very small. I do not associate with any of my family and my dh doesn't associate with any of his because they flipped out over my family being Atheists.

HandMmom12
by Jody on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. I didn't "establish" my circle until I was older. I still have a couple friends from HS and college. But my true friends are friends I made after many experiences, good and bad.

Quoting Sassy762:

I got rid of the Toxic assholes a long time ago

Now I have my kids and grandkids. I have a few aquaintances and 1 person I am dating. I stick mostly with my family

Liddy07
by Thesaurus.Rex on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM

I'm a horrible friend, so I don't really have any. I've tried! It always goes down the same path. They want to talk, spew out all of their problems, tell me about their sex life, or lack thereof. Women just never shut up! I always gravitate to men.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)