Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how to handle this. *vent*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

Basically my ex and I started renting this place at the beginning of last year. We have been here almost a year. Mine and ex's names are on the lease. I moved out in August and moved back in October. When I moved back in my Mom (and brother) needed a place to stay and ex told me to let her move in here. At the time she was working and agreed to help pay bills. Well she quit her job in December and my ex moved out to go live with his new girlfriend. I allowed him and his girlfriend to move back in a couple of weeks ago because I could use help with the rent and my Mom hasn't found a replacement job yet.

The problem is that ever since my ex and his new girlfriend moved in she has turned into this compulsive asshole. Ex's girlfriend and I share stuff.

She asked me if she could borrrow towels from my bathroom because she hadn't went and gotten her stuff from her old place; I told her I didn't mind at all. My Mom walks into the bathroom and flips out because she saw the towel on the counter. She tells me "they took one of MY towels into their bathroom without asking." She kept harping about it for hours even after I told her that it was my towel, I bought it, and that they had asked me. They asked me to borrow toilet paper, she got mad and confronted me telling me that they borrowed toilet paper without asking. I told her that I told them they could. Then his ex girlfriend asked me if she could borrow something to put her nail polish in so it didn't get knocked off of her dresser. I let her use my jewelry box that my brother made me in woodshop classThen she . My Mom comes in and asks me if she could use it, I tell her ex's girlfriend is using it, Ex girlfriend offers to go get it and give it to her (I let her use one of my plastic containers in place of the box). Later on my Mom comes up to me and says "It wouldn't have been a big deal if they would have ASKED if they could use it." I corrected her and told her right away that I was asked. She then starts complaining about how important the jewlry box is to her (my brother and I don't get along, he only gave it to me because he didn't want to throw it away and he didn't kno who else to give it to. He made my Mom one too which is why I didn't understand why it was such a huge deal.)

She acts like a toddler with "mine syndrome". It seems like no matter what it is, she automatically assumes they stole it and freaks out. It could be the littlest freaking thing and she doesn't want them to have it. She acts this way towards anyone who doesn't live in the house and isn't family. If I (or ex and girlfriend) have guests over she instantly starts acting like they're going to steal something and proceeds to start hiding stuff in her room. She is completely irrational.

I don't want to throw her out, because I know she doesn't have anywhere else to go, but this just isn't working out. I have confronted her about it and it doesn't seem to do any good.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:01 PM

b

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:06 PM
I have no clue but here's a bump. Sorry
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)