Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should the parents be charged?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
At work today there was an argument about that little boy who shot his baby borther. He's 5 and the baby was 9 months. The parents left the gun where the 5yp got it.

Someone at work said they should be charged with felony child endangerment or something, which could out them in jail for 10+ years, others said they'd been punished enough.

WDYT?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greenlove2013
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Well they have been punished enough. The 5 year old will live with this forever and have serious issues. The parents have enough guilt as it is.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM
I'm all for them being charged with felony child endangerment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM
I think they should be charged! That poor baby lost his life and the 5 yr old will have to live with what he did.
TSNDDY
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:01 PM
They should be charged.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:01 PM
It is their faults, they were supposed to be responsible adults. But I do think they suffered enough. Sadly I wonder if the other child should be left in their care.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM
They left a loaded gun where a 5 year old could get it. They were responsible for protecting their kids, and they failed to do it. Their kid is dead because of their negligence. They should feel guilty, and their emotional self inflicted punishment shouldn't lessen their legal culpability and punishment.

So yes, charge them.
Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM

As a parent, when you leave a gun where your kids can get it, you might as well pull the trigger yourself.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:03 PM

If they left it where the kid could get it, yes. However I thought I read that the gun belonged to someone else. So it really depends on who left it out.

proud_mommy1212
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:04 PM
I think they should, I own guns but all mine are put in a gun safe away from my kids. My husband is also teaching our children gun safety when we visit his mother in south Texas.
hautemama83
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:04 PM
Idk all of the details, but from what little I've seen they left a loaded gun on a bed. I'd say that is enough to be charge .
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)