Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No sadder day then this :( Moms of multiple carseats help me out

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:34 PM
  • 32 Replies
My husband and I are trying to brace ourselves for getting rid of my car :( I have a 2007 dodge nitro and I am so in love with it it's a little ridiculous. Anyone who has bad one/seen one/been in one knows the backseat is SMALL. We are having out third baby in April and right now I have no idea how we are going to fit 3 carseats in it. My two oldest have big carseats and were looking at the diono radian rxt for them and praying its gonna work. Any of you ladies have suggestions on carseats that work well 3 across? I don't want to get rid of my car not only because I truly am in love with it but also its a cost I don't wanna deal with on top of all the other stuff we've got going on
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Join the carseat group on cafemom... I think they will be able to give you the best advice based on your car, kids, and price range for new seats :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:36 PM
I was able to fit 2 Clek Foonf's into the back of my Honda Civic. How much is your budget?
supermama322
by Kaylee on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:38 PM

I was in the same boat when we had our 3rd! We also had a small vehicle. We bought 2 Diono Radians and a narrow bucket seat. It DID work and they all fit.. We also upgraded to 2 Clek Foonfs and a Clek Oobr (booster) which are also narrow enough for a 3 across. Both brands are great for that..BUT after like 6 months of having 3 carseats tightly fit in a single back seat, I caved and bought a van. I seriously couldn't deal with it anymore. It's so awful. LOL

sweetktn
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

When I had to go 3 across we had a Chrysler 300 so space wasn't an issue. Then #4 decided to surprise us and we got an expedition. We still have it but also a mini van and the van is being traded for a 12 seater now that #5 is coming. Then if there's more later we still have space :) nissan nv is what we are getting in February when it comes in. Sorry I couldn't help but I think you will have to upgrade.

anotherandree
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Measure your backseat and then look for car seats that a narrower and the total dimensions will be less than your backseat. I have a Chevy Malibu and could only get 1 car seat and 2 boosters across. And that was crowded. Good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:41 PM
Bubblebum, if your kids are old enough.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Face it. It's time.
mewebb82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:45 PM
If you go with a radian for your older 2 kids, I suggest the r120 instead of the rxt. I wish I had bought that! The side head rests limit how tall your child can be before their shoulders start hitting and they grow out of it much faster that the recommended height/weight. It is a great option though with the seat adjuster pad (pushes the seat in a more upright position so it takes up less room).
Baechlemom2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Never! ;)

Quoting KeepOnTryin:

Mobile Photo

Face it. It's time.
Baechlemom2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:09 PM
The rxt just seems more comfortable. We travel long distances a lot and with the smaller/narrower carseats it seems like you get screwed on padding

Quoting mewebb82: If you go with a radian for your older 2 kids, I suggest the r120 instead of the rxt. I wish I had bought that! The side head rests limit how tall your child can be before their shoulders start hitting and they grow out of it much faster that the recommended height/weight. It is a great option though with the seat adjuster pad (pushes the seat in a more upright position so it takes up less room).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)