Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I am 32, I posted last week that I was scared I was having heart problems. I ended up at the ER Saturday night bc I was in pain and feeling horribly. The ER did an EKG, X-ray and blood work and said no k didn't have a heart attack my levels looked good. It occurred to me after leaving the ER that I had quit drinking soda and I checked and my symptoms were consistent with caffeine withdrawal.
I followed up with my doctor yesterday and he recommended for me to go get a stress test, run on the treadmill with an EKG and then they inject dye and check your heart. I said okay and the hosptial just called to schedule it. Well I did pre registration and found out our copay is $2,000. We really don't have the money right now and my husband is really stressed about the cost. The ER said my labs looked fine but my doctor said just to be on the safe side. I'm so torn. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:22 PM

I wouldn't do anything I couldn't afford. Is there a cheaper option?

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would do what your Doctor advised you to do..............

janedoe13
by boxerdog lover on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

im with sassy on this one. 

Quoting Sassy762:

I would do what your Doctor advised you to do..............

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:23 PM
I would skip it. See if things get better on their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:24 PM

If you have it done at a hospital they have forms you can fill out to get help to cover some or all of the cost. I have a heart valve that doesn't work right and I can keep in check with diet and exercise. Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:25 PM
I would skip it, caffeine withdrawal is nasty.
Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Well... how will you if you don't have the money?

Are you getting a tax refund? Maybe out of that?

I had a mild heart attack at 36.... I'm almost 40 now. I have no restrictions other than excessive cardio and no caffeine. If I even have like 3 sips of a caffeine beverage I can feel it.. my whole shoulder will start to ache and I'll have chest pains and feel nausous.

So, I'm glad you quit soda/caffeine. That's a good start. Caffeine is a hell of a lot more powerful than they would have you believe... it kills people.

VibeRant
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I wouldn't do the test. 

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:27 PM

I would skip it unless the symptoms dont go away after a while.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM
We can break it up and pay it over 18 months, so it's like $115 a month. We could afford it that way. We just have a lot of bills right now with car repairs and a few other things.

Quoting Nolanzo:

Well... how will you if you don't have the money?

Are you getting a tax refund? Maybe out of that?

I had a mild heart attack at 36.... I'm almost 40 now. I have no restrictions other than excessive cardio and no caffeine. If I even have like 3 sips of a caffeine beverage I can feel it.. my whole shoulder will start to ache and I'll have chest pains and feel nausous.

So, I'm glad you quit soda/caffeine. That's a good start. Caffeine is a hell of a lot more powerful than they would have you believe... it kills people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)