Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Return vs. Tax Refund

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
3 moms liked this
Your tax return is the paperwork that you fill out and send in to the IRS.

Your refund is the check that you get back from the IRS.

That is all.
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM
That needed clarification? Sad.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:43 PM
Almost every post I see someone talking about what they plan to do with their return.

Quoting Danesmommy1: That needed clarification? Sad.
slb235
by Grammar Police on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:44 PM

I think I've been using them somewhat interchangeably.  On the other hand, I don't really discuss tax returns and refunds that often.

michal6
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM

That's sad that it needed to be explained...

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:45 PM

RavensRose
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I never understand how so many people can know so little about their taxes and the tax system in the country that they live in.   I mean, come on it's about your money... how can a person not know or understand something that has as much affect on their money as taxes does.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:49 PM
I just want to scream when I read it lol.

Quoting RavensRose:

I never understand how so many people can know so little about their taxes and the tax system in the country that they live in.   I mean, come on it's about your money... how can a person not know or understand something that has as much affect on their money as taxes does.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah and so many people do it, so I just stopped trying to correct them and go along with it.  I mean, how many times have one of us tried to help the ignorant on here and they just don't get it anyway.  The definition of insanity and all that.  LOL

AvantGardener
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this

CAn we just have a big tax PSA for the season and bump it? Seriously we need a CM FAQ page.

WickedOpal
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:52 PM

I know, but what can you do?  H&R Block used to get a lot of business that way and now with the internet and how easy TurboTax and other programs have made it, you don't even need to leave the house to be ignorant.  Just answer a few short questions, input a few numbers, and they're all set to go!  LOL

Quoting RavensRose:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)