Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM is NOT OK

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:59 PM
  • 97 Replies
1 mom liked this

...for me. I lost my job in October, and I've been home with my 14 month old since. I love my daughter to pieces - she's my world. I am grateful for every minute I have with her. But I've come to find that being a SAHM isn't for me. I need the adult interaction, and something to get me out of the house. We also need the second income, so I'd have to go back to work anyway, but I think I would even if we didn't. And some part of me feels so guilty that I want that time away. I miss her when I work. But I can't be home all the time.

Anyone else who found that being a SAHM isn't for them want to weigh in? I just kind of feel like a crappy mom right now. And maybe I am. You can weigh in with that, too.

Proud mama of a CHD Warrior Princess

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baileyquarters
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Its hard at first. Its especially trying with little ones. It definitely takes some getting used to. But its not for everyone.
lizzie_ann
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM

Don't feel bad, being a homemaker isn't for everyone. Just like being a doctor or a teacher or an accountant or whatever isn't for everyone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:01 PM
I stayed at home with each of my kids until they were about 2 years old. That was as long as I could last without losing my mind.

MrsCountryMama
by Beth on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:02 PM
Don't feel bad it's not for everyone.
FuzzyTendrils
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:02 PM
I've been a sahm for 11 years. I don't feel like it's for me anymore. It's hard not to feel guilty. I'm not much help lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM
I sucked at staying home. I was bored and bitchy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:03 PM
You're not a bad mom for wanting a real job.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM
What you're feeling isn't wrong. Really, it makes you human. It's just not for you, and that is OK. It's a matter of preference.
IDGAF-
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM
2 moms liked this

You aren't a bad mom. SAHM are no better than moms who work. I was a SAHM and I hated relying on DH for spending money. It made me feel shitty so I went back to work.

No one choice suits everyone. Do what works for you and your family.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 4:04 PM

I was the same way. I was losing my mind when I was home all the time. I hate staying home, not having daily adult interaction.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)